Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cathyscache

Rock vase & Tuscan sign WIP

cathyscache
14 years ago

Hi been working on a Tuscan welcome sign for the nice tile lady who gave me so many beautiful tiles. I'm hoping it looks Tuscan enough as that is what she said her style was. sort of Tuscan elegance is what she said. Not seeing her home makes it hard. But hopefully she will like it. I also have a rock and gem vase in the works. Probably will put it in my sisters shop, which by the way had a great opeing day!! We worked hard to get things done but it turned out really nice. later all

Here is a link that might be useful: 2- WIP

Comments (12)

• texasfern
    14 years ago

I love that whole natural thing.
    Can't wait to see the sign finished. I think it fits the "Tuscan elegance" theme perfectly.
    So glad your sisters opening went well. Here's hoping for continued sucess.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Veeery Nice!!! This whole sign thing you got goin' on is Really workin' for ya!!!!

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm done w/ both and ready to grout tomorrow. Thanks Tex and Calam...I think this rock and agate look is becoming my trademark....Will start another project after grouting in the morn....think I may start a Christmas project of some sort...maybe....I'll post pics after grouting....

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I grouted the green on the leaves yesterday and will grout the blk today and the vase as well. I've got too many projects going on. Can't decide which one I want to pic up!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ready to grout

• phish_gw
    14 years ago

Also, did you cut the rocks or did you just happen to have pretty flat rocks? Also, I can't tell what color grout you used?

I have some rocks that need a project and this is beautiful, which is why I'm asking so many questions about it!

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I collect rocks from the beach. I get them ine buckets. I then use the flat ones and throw the others in the driveway. I've only grouted the green leaves so far and I used mallard green grout (home depot). I'll use black on the rest of the sign and the vase.

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Oh Cathy you are just "Rockin' n Rollin'" Great sign....did you try cutting any rocks yet? I'm so hoping to get a ring saw!!!

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Didn't grout today. Still in organize mode. Trying to get all my tiles (which are way more than I thought) into containers and accessible. They've been in ziploc bags and in milk crates. But w/the blown neck disc I can no longer pick them up (very heavy), so I've had to do something different. It's taking way too long but I've got to get it done. Maybe I'll grout tomorrow...we'll see later

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Really like the signs, especially the Christmas one - so full of the symbols of the season. You're so fast. Seems I'll never get caught up again.

• phish_gw
    14 years ago

I'd like to shine up my rocks when I'm done. How did you do it?

• cathyscache
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I use a small paint brush and brush just the top w/polyurethane before grouting. Makes clean up after so much easier. Then after grouting I seal again w/polyurethane. All the beautiful colors are more visible.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Man! You have been such a little work horse since you came to us!!! Look at you go, such great eye candy you share with us!!! Even fun looking at your work station!!!