Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Space Mosaic Done

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 8, 12 at 17:37

Just finished it today and ready to hang. It's 2 feet in diameter; made of stained glass, dichroic glass, mirror, crystals, pearls, glass beads, and vintage costume jewelry.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Space Mosaic Done

Trying again; the picture was lost the first time .....

o

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous! What amazing detail. I'm curious, if you don't mind my asking. How long does it take you to do all the mosaic? Those seams are soooo tight.

o

Thank you, loribee. It takes a long time ... I keep intending to keep a record of how long it takes, but I forget and I really couldn't say. For my next large piece like this, I will force myself to keep notes! I just know I started gluing on July 7 and finished gluing on July 31.

o

Wow very pretty !! I love it one of these days I am going to do something like this.

o

You will love it, nanatricia, it is so much fun!

o

Absolutely gorgeous. I'm curious as to how you get your ideas for abstract art and more importantly, how you translate them into reality. The colors, the patterns, the placement of the tess - you do it so beautifully.

I seem to do best when trying to depict an realistic subject, but am interested in expressing feelings and universal concepts, such as you have here.

A hard question, I know. I feel like a kindergartener making finger paintings compared to your work. Susan

o

Thanks so much, Susan. I lean toward the random disorganized look but I still try to establish some kind of order, although it is not always obvious. I talk about the design process in the articles linked below. I usually pick the theme first, then the colors, and then I start with a focal point. I am never satisfied but always strive to better on the next one. I guess one piece of advice I have is to stand back from your work periodically and eye it critically, looking for balance in shape and color.

Across the Universe Guitar

Rhythm and Blues Guitar

Conquistador Guitar

o

GASP !!! It's gorgeous !!!

o

Thanks for the information, Silva. I will post when I try my own version! Susan

o

Wow! Just beautiful!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here