Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angs_pool

I mosaic-ed my shelves. WIP

angs_pool
13 years ago

I bought some shelves to hold all my supplies and decided to mosaic the sides. Wip

Comments (15)

• soxxxx
    13 years ago

I like the objects and textures.
    Where will you put the shelves inside/outside?

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Oh my word!!!! An outside studio??? Wonderful work - love the mix of tess, and just LOOK how organized the shelves are - wish I could do that and keep it that way. Man, have you been busy LOVE the way you attached the pots for flowers. VERY creative, girlie. LOVE it all.

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

Great job! Looks fabulous.

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Yes it looks great!!

• silvamae
    13 years ago

It's got the WOW factor! Love the colors.

• texaswild
    13 years ago

I looked again, and notice you've done the push and sqush method to avoid grouting. I want to do that. What kind of adhesive did you use? I really like the style of this whole project.

• loribee2
    13 years ago

How fun! And I'm wondering the same thing. What kind of backing are your tile pieces "squashed" into? I've never seen that method before. (Though I don't get out much, heh.)

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes Slow~The push and squish is my thing ha ha... :)
    I have yet to get the smooth grout look.
    It is just thin set with a mortar color added.

• texaswild
    13 years ago

I need to do more of that method, since I hate grouting so much. You've done a fabulous job. What's the status of the fence?

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

GREAT Job! Nice and organized with the tess too! So glad you found us... and like to post pics!!!heh heh!

• fldirt
    13 years ago

Cute, cute, cute! Love the cup handle & your hanging pots.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Just beautiful!! I gotta jump in and also so I like the push and squish method.....last year , before I started mosaics I purhased a cross at a craft show and they did the push and squish method which I liked. And not knowing about thinset and mortar at the time, I tried using just plain caulk.....It sorta worked but I'm gonna have to give it a try again with thin set, especially now that I know about mapai. Some of the crosses at the shows are set in something crystal clear as a bonding agent and then sealed with something that makes them very shiny and wet looking. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be used for that method? They are extremely pretty and very classy looking.

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks girls, I could spend all day in here looking at all of your pictures..
    I didn't finish my fence with grout because I'm thinking that I need to seal it first so the tiles and rocks don't grab it... I'm scared I'll mess it up..

Do you think I have to grout it Or can I just get by with sealing it?
    Thanks again,
    Angie

• mrs_tlc
    13 years ago

ooooohhhhh you all are inspiring. New here. I am usually on the Florida Gardening forum but am getting interested in starting to do mosaics. Angs_pool - I was just at BJ's Sunday and saw a big wooden wine display that was sectioned off and could be used for a raised bed garden. Wouldn't that be gorgeous if I did mosaic on it tooooo?????? My DH would kill me though as he has spent HOURS putting together raised bed walls out of bamboo that I begged for.... :/

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Looks absolutely wonderful. Grouting is a decision for the mosaicist. Wish I weren't so hooked on it, cuz I hate grouting, but it always looks so much better to ME, if it's grouted. Your choice. You did a fabulous job of mosaicing.

MRS TLC: Welcome. Re your question - IMO - ANYTHING looks better w/mosaics, and where better than in your garden? Go for it.

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions