Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ribbon WIP

Posted by katishooked (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 3, 08 at 17:30

Finished the letters today. Suggestions for fill in would be a help. I have toyed with lavender. But am having a block or senior moment or something. Right now just have the mat backing behind glass.

Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ribbon WIP

Kathy, I really like how your words POP off the page. I'll let one of the great ones give you an idea on grout color. LOL, but this turned out great, good cutting.

o

Should I do a background in glass before grouting? What color would go with pink. As far as gaouting color, I like black, but not sure on this one.

o

I just want you to know that I read your post and wish I felt confident enough to give you a studied opinion. But given that, I would think black would be striking and not overwelming or take away from the thought at all. It would really make the letters stand out beautifully.

o

LOVELY so far!!! So is this a GOG? I like it with the black background, it Really stands out!!

o

I really like your mosaic. I like the shape of the letters and the message is awesome also. How about a dark blue background. I have seen some that is almost black that might look nice.

o

How pretty! A white background (irridescent maybe?) with black grout would look really cool! The possibilities are endless, you'll take out your glass, lay it next to it, study it and you'll find the perfect combo.

o

As it appears now on the black background, it's beautiful - good job w/lettering. Dark green is a good contrast to pink also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here