Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Quick Gift

Posted by slowmedown (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 10, 08 at 17:09

DD only gave me a two day notice on a request from DGD's birthday gift. Threw this together last evening after finishing the birdbath. After six/eight photos, I gave up trying to get it to show all colors. Going to Dallas on Friday for the Saturday's 20th b.d. party for Granddaughter. This is just one of several gifts from Nana.
Katie's Gift

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Quick Gift

Slow, you're amazing. That is gorgeous for a "thrown together" gift! That lucky girl! Someday I hope to be able to throw something together in less than a summer. I truly love these pieces you do and will give one a try someday for sure. What an inspiration!

o

Slow it is awesome. I wish I could throw like you do. I'm afraid I threw something tog it would throw up. LOL Great job. I'm sure you DGD will adore it.

o

How impressive! I really love it! I am sure she will treasure it, I know I would! Don't feel impelled to let Katie know it was "thrown together", it certainly does not look it!

o

You really outdid yourself this time. That is lovely and does not look thrown together. I am sure she will love it.
Great job Slow.

o

Love it! And the Nana touch is Perfect!!!

o

Girl you did good .You blow me a way how fast you are. I need to send you some of the cross I have been making with thin set.

o
Another Quick Gift

wow, that is so cool, where do you get all those crosses? and how do you put these mosaics together so fast?
hopefully someday soon, i will get all my ducks in a row and start a project, i want to, but it seems as though some obsacle jumps in the way.

o

WOW! Another awesome piece! Love all the different tess and colors and especially those nails at the top!
Sure she will love it! Have a safe trip.

o

A beautiful gift. I'm sure she will treasure it!!

o

Y'all blow me away w/your compliments. The left cross I cut from a roll of old tin I got from a friend's barn, turned the edges in - middle cross is made from natural stone tiles from Lowes, and the blue one of course is glass. My stock is down, so need to get to HobLob. Nana - do you use a mold for the thinset, or just fashion them by hand? I'll try your method, cuz I always make too much and toss lots of it away - thanks for the thought. Y'all sure do make my days happier.

o

OMG! Look what you can do on the fly! What an amazing artist!WOW! I've had people pull that on me a week ahead
of time, and was Like" no freaking way!".....Wish I could work like you do! WOW! The Queen keeps earning her crown!
Take a bow woman!

o

Slow this is really BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure she will be delighted, who wouldn't be? WONDERFUL!!!!

o

What a special and very lovely gift, Slow. It's something that your Katie will treasure... forEVER!

I sure hope you've stayed in Dallas! I've been so concerned about you and Flag today!
Sending positive thoughts and prayers for you, your homes and folks in the whole area. Ike is sure a nasty one!
Be safe!
Katie

o

You sure can put things together in a heartbeat! This is another Slow Magnificient! Your signature heart is perfect...Katie will love and cherish this forever!!!

o

I missed this Slow!!! How beautiful and precious. Katie is going to LOVE it, can't wait for you to tell us how she liked her special gift from her Nana. Truly speaks from the heart and no one would every believe you just "through it together" so don't you dare tell anyone but us. LOL.
You are a true artist and your talent is here to see.

What's next???

o

Thanks again, y'all. She loved it, and found the little message "Nana hearts you" right away. Next is still bubbling in my heat, and w/be a gift for a special friend. I went to HobLob yesterday to get a couple pieces to put in it. Have to cut the board for the substrate, hopefully today.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here