Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First real project

Posted by ernie85017 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 20, 11 at 17:03

I did some stepping stones, but this is the first "real" project. I hope it passes muster!

I think I have a link here. The light is fading the colors. I used rim pieces around the edges where the mailbox will be touched, for safety.

Started last night and before I knew it, hours and hours had gone by. Will likely fill with white even tho it is not the color of water.

There's something about cutting up plates and gluing them on! You said addictive, and you weren't kidding.

Thanks for all your help, now and in the future.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First real project

Wow, ernie, that looks awesome! I see personality in the seahorse too. Amazing that you used plates because they are thicker and harder to cut than glass.

Great job! Of course it passes muster.

o

Pretty! Nice job!

o

It goes waaaaaaay past muster - you get an A+ on this, girlie. It looks FABULOUS. Good cutting, color choices, placement and design. Way to go, and welcome to the best addiction there is in crafts/art, IMO.

o

Ernie, that is absolutely adorable. What a perfect sea horse! I would not have believed this was your first. You've got a very natural eye for the craft! Looking forward to seeing more!

o

Wow...love the seahorse! Great job!

o

Gee, I'm blushing. I copied a picture off the net and drew it on, except the seaweed and "waves". There is a yellow starfish on the top and little pink fish on each side.
My hand is getting strong from all the cutting. At first it would be wobbly for a day after cutting.
I'm not sure why it's so fun cutting and fitting. Like a painting and a puzzle at the same time. I guess this is an "art" I can do. I sure can't paint, draw or make music.
Thank you all.
A section of my back cinderblock fence has begun.

o

Looking great!!!

o

WOW....that's looking great!

o

It's beautiful!! And yes it's better than muster!!! Great job!! Can't wait to see it finished!

o

Very pretty! Great first project.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here