o
Question about grout

Posted by cajunlady68 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 20, 09 at 17:03

How do you color grout?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about grout

You can buy grout colorants, which are powders you add to color grout...others can tell you where to buy them, no one around me carries them, but online mosaic stores have them also.
Or-you can color your grout with acrylic paint. My method is to add the paint to the dry grout and then add water so I dont get it too soupy, others may do it differently. and lastly, you can use slightly watered down acylic paint to do a wash over already set grout. Using paint may not hold its color as well outdoors. And only use acrylic or water based paints. oil based paints and the water in grout dont mix.

o

Use out door pants !!It will not fade as much.I have some that have been pant 3 yers still looks good.

o

Home Depot and Lowe's has a wide variety( like 20 or more) of colors. If you don't have either close Google grout colrants, many sites have them. I usually use the one's from HD and Lw's unless I need a custom color. And always make extra when doing it custom because getting it the same twice is virtually impossible!!! Believe me I've tried, doesn't happen. Hope this helps....

o

Cathy where do find them at lowes? I have looked and looked and if I ask I get that are you nuts look from the help. I have all but given up. I dont have a HD, only a lowes.....

o

I just used my acrylic craft paint, glooped a bunch into the grout after I made it, mixed it real good and mooshed away, have also just painted the grout with the craft paint afterwards too(watered down)to stain it the color I want. Since I am a terrible painter...always wanted to try tole painting, but am Really bad, I am glad to have found a use for these paints!!!

o

Thank ya'll for all the info. It may be awhile before I get a chance to use this information, but eventually I'll get to it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here