Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Treasure

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 1, 14 at 15:57

is what I think this will be called. It started off as an ocean theme bottle challenge and as usual - I got started and then didn't finish so I recently picked it up again,as a diversion from the bigger window project.

I used paper and tape to form the shapes and coated it in apoxie sculpt.

the begining

how to form the structure

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Treasure

so all along I've been thinking that these 2 broken Fenton baskets could be good octopi suckers

tentacles

then I started looking at getting more legs on there

constructing a new leg

o

so this is where I'm at now, added eyes, reshaped the head and added a tilt to the bottle.

ocean inspired bottle

treasure

o

Oh my gosh. This already looks crazy good. I LOVE the octopus' eyeballs! Can't wait to see how this turns out, I love the idea of using the Fenton glass for the suckers, very creative.

Patty S.

o

You broke Fenton glass ???? There are lots of people having attacks about now ! LOL
You have such a great imagination .... those tentacles look awesome . The whole thing is going to look great when it's done :)

o

Hey Id break it-I think that hobnail stuff is ugly as sin anyhow, Looks way better there.

o

LOL your piece is priceless! You are inspiring me to unwrap that brick of Sculpey I bought and see what I can do with it.

o

okay I DIDN'T break these baskets, they were given to me broken soooo there's that BUT I happen to agree with Wacky, and I hate hobnail glass and the milky opaque beige pink is really only gonna make you think... how can
i break that?

lol

o

There she goes again - you are a real piece of art work, NT. I just shake my head at the things that come outta YOUR head. You're an amazing creator of art.

o

Very cool. Where is this place you are doing an ocean themed bottle challenge? Can you post the link?

o

Hiya Slow! lol

phish it was a GOG FaceBook group, the challenge has long since ended and I never even got a piece of glass glued down... but now I'm gonna rawk it

o

Super cool! I love to use hobnail on my horse faces. It's a cool piece.

o

making treasure

o

I got some resin and loaded up treasure

treasure

o

It turned out WONDERFUL! I love it. The bling, bling really makes it stand out.

o

getting some glass on the arms

treasure

o

Starting to see what the end result will be -- it's going to be a-mazing.

o

lol I sure hope so! lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here