Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help finding flat 6 x 6 square china tile for mosaics

Posted by phish (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 15:08

A few years ago I bought some "china" tiles from kp tiles but they seem to have gone out of business. These are thin flat square tiles that look like china. I recall them coming in bigger sizes too. You can cut them up for mosaics just like you do with china plates, but you don't have any bumps, ridges, curves, ect. They were certainly pricier than china you find at a flea market or garage sale, but for me the convenience, selection and flatness was worth the price.

Does anyone know what these are called and/or where I can find them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help finding flat 6 x 6 square china tile for mosaics

Try here. I've purchased other items from her before and I can recommend her. I've not tried the flat ceramic tile broken china before but I would like to!

Here is a link that might be useful: Arctic Mermaid Mosaics

o

Found another! These are called faux china.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosaic Basics

o

It has been a long time, but I have bought some of the faux china from Arctic Mermaid before and was pleased with the service.

o
Thanks that looks like the stuff I'm looking for!

thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here