Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stained glass repair? SE Wisconsin

Posted by misobento (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 4, 09 at 14:53

Hi everyone. I hope I am posting this in the right forum. We have a 1920 bungalow with a lot of art glass. The previous owner somehow smashed one of the leaded glass doors on the bookcase (other is still fine). I would love to see what this would cost to get repaired (if possible). Any suggestions for SE Wisconsin? or what keyword to look up in the yellow pages? :)

Cheers!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stained glass repair? SE Wisconsin

I happen to know that the stained glass shops here (Austin, Texas) offer repair services. So you might look up stained glass in the yellow pages and start there.

o

I have no clue, but would love to see pics of your home.
Sorry, I just can't help myself.

o

i typed in wisconsin stained glass stores in google and got this list,, hopefully one will be close and what you need

http://www.bayareastainedglass.com/wisconsin.shtml

o

You might visit some antique stores in your area and ask if they know of someone who does repairs. Also, go to some area art shows, if there's a stained glass artist, they might do repairs. Best of luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here