Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazymosaics

Delphi

crazymosaics
15 years ago

I took my first trip to Delphi Glass this weekend and had a blast. It was a three hour drive but worth it. I even stayed under my $100 budget :) I can't wait to go back at Christams.

Comments (8)

• katishooked
    15 years ago

My my what control you have. What did you get? What did you leave behind? I am proud of you.

• crazymosaics
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It was hard to control myself. But I bought two pieces of Van Gogh glass (one silver, and the other silver and champagne). I'm using that for a wedding gift. And then I bought a piece of canary yellow glass and a piece of marbelized purple, blue, pink piece of glass for 30% and then i bought a box of scrap glass mostly green and this really pretty black and white marblized glass. Can't wait to use it. And a couple of books. And I had a 20% off coupon so it was such a bargain day!!

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

oh my gosh... I could never be that in control there. Good think for DH thats is 4 states away!

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

You have more control than I do....I can never stay under 100 dollars when I go in there...and I live close enough that I get there at least once a month....

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WOW! You Lucky Duck!!! I am SO BAD in places like that!!! Somebody who was posting here, said her son works there!!! How awesome would that be!?!

• roseandfox
    15 years ago

Am I lucky - or unlucky since I'm equi-distant from may fave glass shops? (Armstrong in Kennesaw, and Florida Stained Glass Supply in Sarasota). I prefer Armstrong -- much better prices, BUT it's a 6 hr drive (either way) - ugh -- look at the glass I could buy for the gas $$ - and the mischief I could do with the time. I am however trying to find an excuse to go to Kennesaw/Atlanta maybe in Jan.
    I like dealing with Delphi, great customer service , but there is nothing like looking at the glass in person. -- you are lucky to be close by - or unlucky - as the case may be...

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Lucky you! I have to drive 75+ miles over the hill to visit the ONE stained glass store around! I'd be soooo broke if I lived close enough to Delphi or Armstrong...
    Can't wait to see what you make....

• meadel
    15 years ago

That's a trip I'd like to make someday. I have to go an hour and a half to get to Warner-Criv in Pa.
    My friend and I went to Youghiogheny this summer and saw the glass being made. I kick myself for not spending more..

Here is a link that might be useful: Youghiogheny trip

Sponsored