Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dressed up squirrell feeders

Posted by oldcrafty (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 27, 11 at 13:38

My son-in-law was throwing away scraps of fence boards..........not for long cause I loaded them up and took them home. I had enough to make 3 squirrell feeders. After they were done I thought they needed a little dressing up! The blue one with the metal squirrells on top will be donated to my GD's school for an auction. The girls in the office at my DD's work wants to place orders! That subject is still being pondered!

The yellow flower one will be donated to a group that sponsors me in the Relay for Life Cancer walk. They do a silent auction to raise money. The 3rd one I still have to mosaic and it will be used for a silent auction at our family reunion. I'll post pics of that one when finished.

I took pics before puttting the gallon jar in place! Sorry about that.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dressed up squirrell feeders

Look how sweet those are! You aren't just crafty, you're very talented. I couldn't cut a round hole in a piece of wood to save my life. LOL Love the little squirrels on top.

Do you have a problem with mosaic on wood outdoors? I've always heard it cracks apart from the expand and contract of the wood through the seasons.

o

good question Loribee....I don't know. I have never mosaiced on wood before. I'm hoping it will hold up being someone will be buying them! Any input on that subject from anyone would be appreciated.

o

Their beautiful,but yes when exposed to weather it will began to come off. Wood expands and contracts with heat and cold and the mosaic will began to crumble. But they are beautfiul!! I love them!!!

o

They are beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here