Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lexel Adhesive

Posted by mzclassic (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 30, 09 at 12:14

Where do you buy your Lexwl. I can't find it at Lowes or Home Depot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lexel Adhesive

I don't think I've ever heard of Lexel Adhesive Donna. Did someone tell U it was a@ Lowe's? And what is it used for???

o

Cathy Lexel is supposed to be better than GEII. A lot of artists use it.

mz..do you have an ACE hardware? I've seen it there.It's by the caulking and stuff like that.Otherwise try online

o

Yes Cathy, people say it is best to use on glass on glass because it is strong and dries clearest of them all. I will have to try to get to Ace and see if they have it. I hate using the big caulk tubes so I hope they have a smaller one. I seem to have more control with the smaller tubes. I get it all over me and everything with the big ones. LOL

Donna in Florida

o

MZ: When I used to use GEII, I squeezed a small amount out on an old plate and used a pallet knife to apply the adhesive. Every now/then I'd clean the dried off the plate and knife w/a razor blade. No way could I have used the caulking gun to apply. Try the above method to see if you get better results.

o

We have an Ace I'll have to get some and try it..

o

Lexel sounds wonderful. Will have to look in my area too. I have been using GEII too with the caulk gun, but I save all the hard postcards that come as junque mail and cut them into smaller squares. 5x5 or so...(kinda random sizes cuz I get so many) and then squeeze some glue onto the postcard piece and butter the tess with a toothpick flat side (of course I am working on tiny pieces) saves using a bulldozer to smack a fly. If you know what I mean. LOL The caulk gun is just too big.

o

I also find it at Ace Hardware. But here is a web site that tells about it.

http://www.123ponds.com/adh-5.html

o

Hi,

My name is Kim Wozniak and I am the owner of WitsEnd Mosaics. I ran accros this post by accident today. For those of you who don't have access to Lexel we sell it online at www.WitsEndmosaic.com. It is great for projects with metal, fiberglass, composite, and glass bases.

o

I find mine at True Value...I have trouble with it....lots of mosaic artist swear by it.........I find it hard to squeeze out of the tube, bubbles, etc...but yep, I still use it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here