Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

My Stained Glass Album

Calamity_J
14 years ago

Figured I'd post my glass album as we are a stained glass And mosaic album!!!lol! And I just redid my albums....

Visit My Photos - 15 Pics

{{!gwi}}

Stained Glass

Comments (16)

• little_dani
    14 years ago

Wow! Those are beautiful! What size is the peacock? Did you draw the pattern, or is it available for purchase?

I also love to do butterflies and dragonflies, and yours are exceptional. Just gorgeous!

Makes me want to NOT worry about these dishes and unmade beds, and rush to my glass room!

Thanks for sharing.

Janie

• kraftkrazy
    14 years ago

your work is beautiful but that peacock is absolutely amazing,,i would also like to know if you drew the pattern or bought it and if so where

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That peacock is like 16"widex24"high...it was a pattern from a book of stained glass patterns by Terra Parma...I love her books!!! It was a 1988 book. I finished that pattern...took me forever...kinda like the throne...heh heh!!! and I gave/sent the pattern to LadyRonnie? maybe....

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oops....here is who I sent the pattern to, maybe she will copy it for someone....
    I am shipping off that pattern to Chickeemamma, never to look at again!lol! I got my window, that's enough of that! Plus the other 1/2doz patterns from the same book, maaaybbbee do one of them, but won't take so long to finish!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

WOW WOW !!! Your work is GORGEOUS!!!! I love them all.

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Wowzer!

• squirrellycanadian
    14 years ago

Awesome work Jane! That peacock is a masterpiece, soooooooo many pieces. Good for you for getting it done! I love the whales, saw that in your living room window when I visited, it's even more beautiful in person! Was that a pattern or just from your imagination, what book?

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The whale pic is a pattern, by the local stained glass store lady, Bev, she is sooo awesome, I love that pattern so much, I have done it 3 times!!! I look forward to seeing your GOG windows since you scored so many!!!heh heh!

• calinromania
    14 years ago

GREAT peacock!
    who hasn't had an idea about a peacock, a butterfly, a dragonfly???
    one day i will give it a try... if i find the right materials for it.

• squirrellycanadian
    14 years ago

Hey Jane, my local stained glass store is going to close Sept.15, I'm sooo choked! I was thinking about maybe a similar whale pattern for one of my windows, or...........if you got a spare one hanging around I'd love to have a copy.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ya, I'm still thinking about a Rhiana style peacock...hmmm, I bet there is a way to even do the fanned out tail as a GOG!!! Oh ya...now we are talking Bling!!!

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Oh Calamity J, those are so beautiful... every one of them. OK, dumb question probably, but being a newbie at this bear with me....I see your solder is dark colored...is that the way it comes on a roll or is that lead?

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

After a person solders their panel/etc together using flux and solder, the pc is usually yukky with grasy flux residue, so you wash it, I use dawn dishsoap and green scrubbies...then you can add patina which is a liquid colorant, it comes in black or copper and that's the color you can make all your soldering lines. It reacts to the solder and colors it. then you wash that and so on...

• fiddlekate
    14 years ago

What a treat to see your work, Jane!
    Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

• cacbeary
    14 years ago

I had fun look through both of your albums. Love everything but especially your stained glass. That peacock is just every so beautiful & sooo many pieces.

• addiesue
    14 years ago

Oh Calamity.........I could look at your albums for hours. You are amazing! I love your stuff....all of it! I new you did gog but guess I didn't realize you also do lead stained glass. It is all so beautiful! I don't have the patience. The need to be so precise in my cuts is way to stressful for me...lol. Your outside door inspired me to replace my outside door with a glass one so I am in the process of doing a gog of a peacock. I doubt it will be in the same league as your peacock....which is GORGEOUS! I'll post a pic of mine when I get it finished and the door installed. Thanks for the pics and the inspration!

Addiesue

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor