Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sos !!! valencia dishes or shards needed

Posted by flagtruck (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 6, 08 at 11:27

Hi everyone...I need help, I used these shards on the gourd and on the pot I am currently working on. I intended to do two matching pots, but now it looks doubtful that I will have enough of these to finish the first pot.
Please will everyone check your stash and see if you might have some more of them that you could part with? I will buy them from you and pay the postage to get them to me. The dinnerware is called VALENCIA and I don't know the manufacturer. I originally got mine from a lady that sells on Ebay, but she has no more. I would be happy to just get the plates or cups as I can definitely do the cutting.
Thank all of you in advance. You will really get me out of a jam..
Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Valencia shards

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sos !!! valencia dishes or shards needed

I don't have any of those at the moment; however, I found one listing on Etsy from CoCoMo Mosaics. I have purchased from her before. You could email her to see if she has more in stock; she often has large amounts of tiles.

Here is a link that might be useful: Etsy listing for Valencia tiles

o

I've got 2 dessert plates you're welcome to....only problem is I'm not 100% sure they are the same. Pattern looks identical, made by Gibson, but the bottom stamp doesn't give the pattern name. These are it, aren't they??

Pat

o

Ebay site - scroll down - looks the same:
Might help

o

Thanks Pat I think those are the right ones. Email me and we will work out getting them to me. flagtruk@flash.net
I will go check the ebay sites Slow and Silvamae.I called myself looking on ebay this morning, but obviously I didn't look good enough.

o

Silvamae- thanks for the lead, I went there and found what you told me about, plus a lot of other stuff I drooled over,
Slow - thanks for the ebay lead, appreciate it.
Pat - Thanks I can really use them. Awaiting your email.
I will be sending your gourd seeds out Monday, let me know how much for the plates and shipping and I will enclose a check for you.
Thanks you guys, I knew someone here could help!

o

Quit worrying, my friend. I have three dinner plates, 5 salad plates and 2 saucers that I'm sure are the same. I'll trade you for the grout you sent me. I'll nip them across once or twice and put them in a box to you this week. You don't need to buy any at all if this'd be enough.

o

You guys are such wonderful friends. Thank you Daisyme and Pat...I am going to be set to finish. I finished the first pot by the skin of my nippers, ready for grout when the thinset dries. I will look forward to my boxes and put the other on the back burner for a week.
Grouted today, pics tomorrow...Thank you so very much...

o

And you are soooooooooo welcome!

o

WhooHoo!! This is what I LOVE about this forum...Friends to the rescue!!!

o

Me too. The greatest. Who could ask for more than that? I am so blessed.

o

9 plates are in the mail to you today!

o

thank you, thank you, thank you.

o

You are soooooooo welcome!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here