Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just finished

Posted by TheRedHouse (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 10:40

Hey everyone! This is my first post here. I've been hanging out on the decorating board for awhile, but only recently noticed this board was here. What a delightful surprise. I wanted to share a piece I'm just finishing up. My intention was to experiment with a classic tattoo image and see how it translated into glass mosaic. I can't decide if I'm happy with it or not. The flower is actually a deep purple, I'm not sure why it looks so brown in the photo.

Edit: replaced photo, needed the flash on.

This post was edited by TheRedHouse on Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 11:23

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just finished

Looks good Red!
Monitors & digital cameras are weird sometimes, maybe it could be because the heart is red so it is hogging the color :) either way nice job

o

Thanks Julie! I guess the flash needed to be on for the photo. I thought I had plenty of light, but I guess not.

o

That's cool. I think tattoo designs translate well into mosaics. Welcome to the board!

o

I think you design and precision are great! Very nice. You said you werent sure if you liked it, You might have liked it better with a black grout-(kind of like tattoo lines). Buts its wonderful as it is!

o

Welcome!! Love this. You did a great mosaicing job. Are your flowers cut from plates? What are the other mosaics in the background. Wanna seeeeeeee please.

o

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm so happy to be here.

Wackyweeder, I didn't even think of black grout for this, it probably would've been a better choice. I'm so glad you said something; I'm going to use it in the next piece.

Slowmedown, the whole thing is made with vitreous glass tess. The flowers, leaf and banner are Virtue, group 3, from Wit's End and they're really nice to work with. They're so smooth in texture and color they look like porcelain. The rest is old vitreous glass tess I had lying around and it's grainier and more striated than I'd like. Here's a photo of some of older mosaics on my work table.

o

You do lovely work!

o

yes welcome to the group .you do great work.

o

Love seeing your work! Especially like the egg at 6 a.m.!!!

o

VERY nice work. I can never figure out much about how to use Vit glass - can't stand the stuff. Yours looks great.

o

Welcome, and I agree that you do very nice work!

o

Good job on the mosaics...

o

Beautiful mosaics and glad you showed us the others too. You'll find very helpful advise on this site.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here