Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Medallion WIP... grout suggestions, please

Posted by jenel (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 4, 09 at 10:03

I'm working on a medallion for a stair landing. I'm gluing to mesh first and then will put into place. The finished medallion will be about 40 inches by 40 inches. I've been trying to decide on grout color. One friend suggested lime green. Uh... no. Someone else suggested terra cotta, which is intriguing, and I'm toying with the idea of dark brown. What do you all think? (I'm not sure I remember how to embed, so I've also included a link below.)

mosaic medallion

Here is a link that might be useful: Medallion in need of grout

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Medallion WIP... grout suggestions, please

How beautiful!
Are these all precut tiles or are you cutting them?
You might want to consider the color of the stair landing before you choose, but I would think the "redder" the grout the better.
Looking forward to seeing the finished work.

o

I vote for pewter gray. That is very nice work!

o

What a beautiful medallion! I vote for the dark brown!

o

Very beautiful!!! I would go drk brown or black....I always go for darker colors though. Please keep us updated

o

I'm with Silvamae, pewter gray!

o

Thanks, all! I'm cutting all this tile myself, in my very masculine oversized coveralls in the driveway. I'm sure the neighbors think I'm nuts. LOL The small squares are about half an inch, to give you an idea of the proportion.

Funny you should mention pewter gray. Gray hadn't even occurred to me until last night when an artist friend suggested it. I'm in love with the idea! I think pewter gray with contrast nicely with all the tile but will not take attention away from the tile.

I just requested a grout sample chart online and then realized that it was an ordering site for architects. So we'll see if Laticrete follows through and sends the samples. I have some Delorean Gray from Home Depot that I'm thinking might work, but I'd love to see everything else that's available. I want to know my options.

Jenel

o

Charcoal is my vote!!! Great job by the way!!!!

o

It's beautiful! Charcoal is my vote as well..

o

The medallion is beautiful!
I think the dark gray/charcoal would be great but many folks are much more creative with grout than I am.

o

That is beautiful, you must have alot of patience. I'm not sure of what color grout I'd go with but I do know I wouldn't use lime green!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here