Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanatricia

Bird bath

nanatricia
15 years ago

Here is a bird bath I have been working on I am real proud of it.I made it out of 2 lamp bases .I pured cement in side both of them .I put them to gether with a long steel rod and glued them together.The top is made out of one of those meatel mixing bowl .I coverd it in thin set inside and out .Then I mosaic it .The inside is sg .I made the iland out of cement and glued granetgravel so the birds has something to stand on the bowl is deep.

{{gwi:186382}}

{{gwi:186383}}

Comments (11)

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

way to reuse/recycle!!! Love it! And the island is Very Cool!!!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Nana i love your bb. After covering the meal bowl in thinset, what did you use to adhere sg and dishes to it? I have a cool lamp I got at a gs just sitting waiting for inspiration

Kathy

• texaswild
    15 years ago

NANA: I hope I can find words enough to tell you how I love this project. I want you to know that in all the time of my membership, I've never saved a thing to "My Clippings". I've saved this so I can remember to try to mosaic one of the two BBs I have and try to emulate yours. This is the most ingenius and creative way I've seen in building/mosaicing a birdbath. Girl, this is B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!!!! My hat is in the air for your creativity. It is sooooo pretty.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

As I said in GJ this is just sooo cool.
    I too saved this one Slow!
    You are such a "cruiser" Nana, you just cruise along and BANG you come up with a masterpiece.

• barbfrizzell1955
    15 years ago

What a clever way to reuse the lamp bases and the birdbath looks fabulous Nana! I can understand why you are so proud of it. Awesome job!!!!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Awesome, indeed! What a beautiful way to recycle!!
    I LOVE the island for the birds!

• ladyronnie
    15 years ago

NANA, I REALLY like your birdbath, especially the island (but the rest of it also :) My birdbath has nothing in the middle. On the next one I may try your idea. Great job!

• gcpommom
    15 years ago

This is really pretty. I love the overall shape of it; using the two different lamp bases gives it such a unique shape that is so pleasing! Great job!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

I love everything about your birdbath. How cheerful it is! What a wonderful shape it is too by using those three pieces. Great eye! I also love that you used the brown grout. It looks terrific. Your birds will love it, and be so happy you gave them a place to land too! Very fun!

• Louisiana_greetings
    15 years ago

the birds are gonna love that, it is really pretty, almost too pretty to put outside. love the way you did the rocks in the bath.

• nanatricia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you every one .I did work on this a while .Every thing was put on with thin set ,even the sfty glass I panted some of it and also panted my thins.I put about 2 layers of ths on the lamp base and3 on the meadle bowl.I glued the second layer of flowers with ge2 glue.
    On to making the flowers and butterflys .I made my thinset real thick and used ts powder as a flour in cookies and made them just like you would cut o cookies .and reused the ts .I have some very small cookie cutters .They are for clay .I like this way you do not have to cook it .I is good for simple things .I dip them in primer and then pant them .I do hope you all understand what I have said. I did pant with out side pant .

Sponsored