Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
EPoxy Resin

Posted by mermaid4life (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 19, 08 at 22:15

Here is Madam Loggy with a coating of epoxy. I really love the glossy look that makes here look even more 3D, this pix is not the best. I will take a pix once we get her hung on the wall in the bathroom

Photobucket

Here she is before I put on the resin. Madam Loggyalmost

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: EPoxy Resin

Oh how cool! I too love the look you get using resin. And you will never have to worry about any of the pieces falling off!. Can't wait to see it up on the wall.

Very nice job.

Becky

o

Oooo, that resin really shined her up! I, too, can't wait to see her swimming up/down your wall!

o

Whew did you cut all those circles? you did a good job. Is the resin hard to do? It looks good, but I tend to shy away from it as it looks like it would hard to do. Mr turtle sure looks good.

o

Way to go, girlie. You must be very proud of this little swimmer. GREAT job, and the resin sure brought gives it depth and a very nice surface. Let us see a picture of her on the wall in place.

o

Thanks gals. Kati, Lady Ronnie did a fabulous tutorial a little while back on using the resin, and it was after I read her tips that I decided to try!! haven't figured out how to post that link but a search on epoxy resin on this site will find it for you

I was so scared to try on Madam so I did a small door sign which will post when I find out what I did with the pix. LOL. It really isn't hard to do but suggest you practice on a small piece too.

One other thing I discovered on using the resin, and reading whatever I can find, is that using blue painters tape underneath the edge of your mosaic, helps with the clean-up because you can peal it right off along with hardened resin drops!! And follow Lady Ronnie's tip about using ceramic tile underneath, you can peal the resin right off the tile, you should have seen my mess with newspaper layers!!

and yep, I cut all of those circles, that is why they are all different!! LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: instructions on using famowood epoxy

o

Love the colors on your turtle! Great job! Maybe I will try the epoxy resin too-I love the shine it gives your piece.

o

What a wonderful piece this turned out to be. I admire you for jumping in on resin when you hadn't done it before...ok, except for a small piece. Thanks for the tips, and congratulations on a job beautifully done!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here