Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which glass grinder

Posted by Mags438 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 21:45

Hi all, I'm looking to replace some of my 18 yr old glass equipment. I had a mid-range inland grinder that needs replacement. I've narrowed it down to the glastar all star g8 or the inland wizard IV.

I've been away from stained glass for a few years. Which one would you purchase? Any particular reason why? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which glass grinder

I've had my little cheap inland grinder and it's going on 20 years of beating it to death and it still works like new ! I've probably ground over 5,000 pieces when I did shows,mosaics and wholesaled my glass stuff. I used it so much,I have a foot pedal hooked up (like a sewing machine) so I don't have to keep turning it off and on. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat !

o

Thanks for ur response toomuchglass. My old inland grinder is being replaced. I've narrowed my choices down to wizard iv or glastar's all star. Any thoughts on either of these? It seems the wizard is MIA at most web sites, so it may be the all star by default.

The foot pedal sounds interesting. Does it require it's own outlet or can it 'piggy back' off the grinder power cord? Thanks

o

I haven't heard any bad things about the grinders your considering - so I suppose that's good ! My foot pedal has a cord that that plugs right into the wall socket. On top of that same plug is a place to plug the grinder cord into. So you have 2 cords going into one electric plug. That foot pedal is a life saver instead of turning it on and off all the time !

o

Toomuchglass, I'll have to put the foot pedal on my list for future purchase. (I have a limited number of outlets in my glass space). My old inland grinder would shock me when turning on/off, so I'm going to upgrade now.

It does feel good to talk about glass to like-minded folks; not everyone can relate. :-). I've spent way too long @ the kitchen forums :-), so it's good to get back to other things I used to enjoy. Thanks much.

o

We can gab glass forever to each other ...LOL Welcome !

o

I'm happy with my Glastar Superstar II.

o

@toomuchglass: how long is the foot pedal cord that you use with grinder? I think it's calling my name! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here