Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Birdbath Pedestal

Posted by slowmedown (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 4, 13 at 21:40

Awoke w/an idea this morning. I sand-cast an Elephant Ear leaf last Thursday - w/reveal on Tuesday. Sculpted a vine w/mortar on three concret blocks today, painted and put on some green mirror leaves. This w/be a birdbath for Granddaughter, who has finally yielded to my nagging her to decorate her terrace. She's becoming quite a little container gardner.
Pedestal WIP

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birdbath Pedestal

Good to see you creating and smart granddaughter to finally let you create something for her. LOL Can't wait to see it with the Elephant Ear leaf birdbath on top!

o

Yeah!! She is at it again!!! I am working on my concrete leaves also...I discovered that the veins of the rhubarb leaves I used, created nice little gullys that the water goes out of instead of where I want, so am "dam" building!lol! I have a couple of ladies coming on thursday to talk about mosaicing and such, so I shall scramble and get my art room tidy! lol! It's a sad mess! I just have TOO MUCH stuff!!! I have got to start making stuff so it will become managable in there again! Such trouble eh!? Well I don't have as much materials as Slow...but it is enough to clutter my art room!
Speaking of veins...I like the ones you made!

o

Almost finished. Have danglies w/same mirror glass drying on fishing line attached to fiberglass screen that w/drape under the bowl - tomorrow. My DD wants one just like it. I don't do repeats, but w/use the same colors and try to jazz up the vine a bit on hers.
Birdbath

o

So pretty and cheerful looking!

o

Thanks, CRAFTY. I really enjoyed making this one.

o

Love that color! I am attempting to grow elephant ear...it is more like a puppy ear plant! lol! Im glad your feeling better and are creating stuff!!

o

Call me silly, but I love danglies. Posting picture of the danglies I made w/fishing line, colored mirror pieces hanging from fiberglass screen.

Danglies

o

Wonderful!!! I love danglies too!!! (You also got me buying lamps,niches, Marys, crosses, etc!)

o

Good for you. Now whatcha gonna do w/them? I also have another idea. Think I'm gonna design a little wooden niche, cut it out and put it together. Have a hankering to make some little scalloped edges.

o

I bet those scallops will look nice on your niche, and I love how much those danglies really add to this.

o

I love danglies and never use them. I'm going to feature some danglies on my current work, thanks to you!

o

Thanks my friends. Wish I hadn't made the niche until after making Shea's birdbath. I'm so anxious to get started on it. Of course - my carpentry always needs a little wood putty to fill in LOTS of imperfections.

o

I'm excited that you are creating once again!

o

Well Slow you have been so busy since I last looked at your photos...your place looks so great with plants and all in place...

o

EMT: The plants have been busy growing, and my yard crew does the rest. It's looking a bit like a jungle, since the head gardner retired. Housekeeper does the work inside. I don't stay very busy these days - just puttering and piddlying in whatever strikes my interest a bit here and there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here