Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Birdbath Pedestal

texaswild
10 years ago

Awoke w/an idea this morning. I sand-cast an Elephant Ear leaf last Thursday - w/reveal on Tuesday. Sculpted a vine w/mortar on three concret blocks today, painted and put on some green mirror leaves. This w/be a birdbath for Granddaughter, who has finally yielded to my nagging her to decorate her terrace. She's becoming quite a little container gardner.
Pedestal WIP

Comments (15)

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

Good to see you creating and smart granddaughter to finally let you create something for her. LOL Can't wait to see it with the Elephant Ear leaf birdbath on top!

• Calamity_J
    10 years ago

Yeah!! She is at it again!!! I am working on my concrete leaves also...I discovered that the veins of the rhubarb leaves I used, created nice little gullys that the water goes out of instead of where I want, so am "dam" building!lol! I have a couple of ladies coming on thursday to talk about mosaicing and such, so I shall scramble and get my art room tidy! lol! It's a sad mess! I just have TOO MUCH stuff!!! I have got to start making stuff so it will become managable in there again! Such trouble eh!? Well I don't have as much materials as Slow...but it is enough to clutter my art room!
    Speaking of veins...I like the ones you made!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Almost finished. Have danglies w/same mirror glass drying on fishing line attached to fiberglass screen that w/drape under the bowl - tomorrow. My DD wants one just like it. I don't do repeats, but w/use the same colors and try to jazz up the vine a bit on hers.
    Birdbath

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

So pretty and cheerful looking!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, CRAFTY. I really enjoyed making this one.

• Calamity_J
    10 years ago

Love that color! I am attempting to grow elephant ear...it is more like a puppy ear plant! lol! Im glad your feeling better and are creating stuff!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Call me silly, but I love danglies. Posting picture of the danglies I made w/fishing line, colored mirror pieces hanging from fiberglass screen.

Danglies

• Calamity_J
    10 years ago

Wonderful!!! I love danglies too!!! (You also got me buying lamps,niches, Marys, crosses, etc!)

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good for you. Now whatcha gonna do w/them? I also have another idea. Think I'm gonna design a little wooden niche, cut it out and put it together. Have a hankering to make some little scalloped edges.

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

I bet those scallops will look nice on your niche, and I love how much those danglies really add to this.

• silvamae
    10 years ago

I love danglies and never use them. I'm going to feature some danglies on my current work, thanks to you!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks my friends. Wish I hadn't made the niche until after making Shea's birdbath. I'm so anxious to get started on it. Of course - my carpentry always needs a little wood putty to fill in LOTS of imperfections.

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

I'm excited that you are creating once again!

• emtnest
    10 years ago

Well Slow you have been so busy since I last looked at your photos...your place looks so great with plants and all in place...

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

EMT: The plants have been busy growing, and my yard crew does the rest. It's looking a bit like a jungle, since the head gardner retired. Housekeeper does the work inside. I don't stay very busy these days - just puttering and piddlying in whatever strikes my interest a bit here and there.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH