Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flagtruck

Column #3

flagtruck
14 years ago

I finished #2 today and started #3. This is just the beginning, I make it up as I go along. Forget the lines I never go by them. Also in my album some beginnings to topper for first columm.

Here is a link that might be useful: #3 beginnings

Comments (15)

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

!!!#3!!! And all that tesserae in the background!!!Eye Candy!!!

• kraftkrazy
    14 years ago

whatever you and slow are drinking down there in texas should be bottled and shipped to the rest of us. you are going like gangbusters on that. the three columns together are gonna be awesome.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Oh, oh, oh. Way to go, girlie. This group w/be smashing. Anxious to see them in their bed of lava rocks.

• klinger
    14 years ago

Wow, you are really movin along at a fast pace, they are goning to be fabulous grouped together. I've got three columns poured and ready for mosaicing, have to figure out where I'm putting them first though,
    Cindy

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I can't wait to see yours. I am anxious to see that concrete retaining wall of yours mosaiced. I know you have that planned, right?

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

NO kidding! You must have some powerful ritas!!!!!!! Love them all and love the topper for #1....Wow what a sight they will be all together!!!

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

You and Slow make it seem so easy! And fast! Go Texans!!!

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Slow drinks the 'ritas, her share and mine. I am a caffine gal, coffee all day. It's the water and heat in Texas I guess. She is way ahead of me...but someday I will catch up. LOL

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here's a few shots of the third column mosaiced and set in the general resting place. It needs some tweaking to get it level and I have to make a saucer for the top. There is also a pic of the large pot I am piecing back together to go on top of this one. I still need to grout and finish the topper for the tall column. It is almost done so I can then grout all of it together. I HATE TO GROUT! There I said it and it is the truth.

Here is a link that might be useful: #3 mosaicing complete

• gardencrone
    14 years ago

Dear Flag....I hope it is not too late! I LOVE TO GROUT...am I a sicko or what? But, at any rate, just invite me over and I will grout for you. Somehow I love slathering all that grout all over everything...the problem is however, I am not so fond of cleaning it off. Of course I don't hate it, but then it is like vacuuming or doing dishes....just the cleaning up part. So there you go, find someone who likes to clean off and polish the grout and you will have a merry-maid of mosaics team.

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    14 years ago

gc= you are not too late and you are invited. I will clean off and polish and even give you room and board. When will you get here? I am posting some pics on another thread of some things the grout fairy (me) did yesterday am.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Lovely job Flag, They will look spectacular when grouted and planted around!!!! Way to go!!! GC, You and I would make a perfect grouting machine!!!!!heh heh! The Soul Sisters of Grout!!!It's all about the "Unveiling from under the grout..."

• gardencrone
    14 years ago

Flag, I'm on my way, what's for dinner? LOL. Calam, I'll pick you up on the way...we'll be right ready to slather. It would be so great, give me an excuse to see all your wonderful, amazing "pretties".

• daisyme
    14 years ago

Am I too late to help? Flag, the third column is perfect! And I LOVE all three of them together, how fun!

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I finished this this morning and began on the mirror this afternoon. I had to stop to cut more mirror. I think a red collar and black ridges at the bottom with river rock in the grove. I am very proud of this and the save. I loved this pot and when it got broken I couldn't bring myself to throw it away. I am tickled with the way it turned out. The hardest part was trimming the Gorilla glue.

Here is a link that might be useful: Repaired pot topper

Sponsored
All American Painting Plus
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars114 Reviews
Loudoun County Paint & Wall Coverings Professional: Best of Houzz