Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mac Glue Question

Posted by curbdiver1954 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 17, 08 at 19:59

Starting a bowling ball with crash glass, using Mac glue for the adhesive. Fortunately I am working with fairly large sections, but that brings to mind a question....do I brush it onto the bb in an area large enough to lay the section of glass? OR Should I brush it on the back of the section then place the section on the bb? Finger for the brush or a regular brush?? I've used it for small pieces, but this is the first time for large sections and I really don't want the glue to start drying before I get the glass placed.

Pat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mac Glue Question

Pat I haven't worked with cg yet but am anxious to see your bb. Many on this forum have and will soon pipe in to give you an answer.

Kathy

o
RE: Mac Glue Question

I've worked with Mac...prefer it actually, but not on a curved surface like a bowling ball. I've learned to just grab my glass piece with my long handled tweezers and dip the glass in the small (very small) puddle of glue. That seems to keep it cleaner for me. I say a very small puddle cuz I've noticed that it does dry quick and you really need such a tiny amount. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here