Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'The Pub' - Installation Day!

Posted by becky_ia (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 08 at 19:20

Well, the day finally arrived! We installed the stained glass panel at the Pub Restaurant & Bar yesterday morning at 7:30 a.m. (before the Sunday brunch crowd arrived). Can't express the relief and satisfaction felt! I feel like I could write a book from this experience! I learned so much from start to finish.

Special thanks for all the help from:

Tillie-for the pattern design
Beckey from Dragonshire Glass-for the stained glass choices
Julie-Woodland Windows-lead purchase on a Sunday morning!
Rich-my husband for all his help with fitting & cutting the lead came and anytime there was the slightest design problem!
Jim-the master carpenter who designed the light box and did the installation.
And all of you who encouraged me with kind words!

But anyway, here are the promised pictures...Becky

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'The Pub' - Installation Day!

What a PRO! That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!
BRAVO!!

o

Oh, Wow! CONGRATULATIONS! It's so great to see the pictures and to know that it is finally installed safe and sound. You must be so proud! It's much larger than I imagined. You did a beautiful job. You must be bursting with pride! It's GREAT!

o

Well, girlie - doncha feel like a peacock, struting w/pride. Take a very deep bow! That is a REAL professional job. Clap, clap, clap for you and DH. BEAUTIFUL job. Now, whatcha gonna mosaic next???????????????

o

That has GOT to be a great moment for you!
Looks wonderful!
LOL! Leave it to Slow to move you on to the next project!

o

What a beautiful sign. You did an amazing job on it and it looks fabulous in its new home!

o

It looks so professional becky! and yes much larger than I realised too. great job and what a relief to see it installed and working after all the effort you put into it. congratulations!

o

WOW! Sooo glad you talked them in to installing a light box!
It is just absolutly BEAUTIFUL!!
What a great team you and your DH are...take a deep, deep bow and come back for an encore bow! And now....let's see what you're working on next!

o

WOW Becky, that is fantabulous!!! As everyone said, so professional and PERFECT!!. It turned out totally awesome, I bet you are deeply relieved, but you DId it and well!!

hope you had a drink and celebrated with the pub owners!! the lightbox really took this over the top. WOW!!!
Don't be surprised if you start getting other commissions. Keep these pix for you brag book. you go girl!!!

o

AWESOME BECKY!!!! Proud of ya Girly!!!!

o

GORGEOUS!!! Definitely something to be proud of!! Congrats!!

o

All the "good" words have been taken....all left to say is WOW! That turned out so beautiful; larger than I thought, too. I am in awe of your work. Congratulations on a job perfectly done!

Pat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here