making the pendants, pictures and tutorial

nicethyme
14 years ago

DD2 wanted a flower shape and she settled on a tulip design I drew up

Comments (15)

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

cut it out and use as a pattern to cut two of the same shape, lay in wire loops or jump rings and "glue" the 2nd piece over top

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

not pictured I have also cut out a 3rd layer of the 2 smaller petals and stamped them before "gluing" them in place

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

using tesserae, measure aand cut a strip of clay wider than than the tess is thick. glue along the top edges to form your well

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

at this point you want to bake as directed on the clay label. after it cools and hardens, sand it upside down on a flat surface to even out the well wall. smooth off and bumps and burrs from the sides and back

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOL I didn't skip a step, just a number!

now I make bunches of teeny little balls and worms

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

"glue" them into place and bake again

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

now you can paint it however you like and mosaic it.

• texasfern
    14 years ago

I am sooooo excited! I just got my clay in and I have to try this!
    Thanks sweetie!

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I should warn ya Fern, its addicting

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

That looks like fun but I have way to much going on in my life right now!I do love it tho!!!!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

You're an amazing, multi-talented artist, my dear. Congratulations on another facet of your art. I just shake my head w/every one of your projects. Thank you for new inspiration.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Oh Candy! This is truly another addiction I am sure!!! And to think you can glue it together like that! LOVE IT!! Thanks for showing us! I still haven't used all the stuff in my last Tesserae exchange, I'll have to go look, I think I got some of this stuff! I already have a pasta machine(never used it yet, I'd be big as a house!LOL!)may have to donate to the experiment! OH heck...I'm skedaddling back to my throne now..Slow....

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Nice that is just too clever!!! I have never tried the clay before but this sure makes me want to!!!! Thanks for the info....

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

oops I never clarified here that "glueing" in terms of polymer clay is using liquid clay to glue with. in the case its liquid sculpy but i think all the brands have a version of this, its also used for transferring pictures to clay.

thanks everybody

• chinatreasures
    14 years ago

Thanks so much for sharing your instructions! Something I definitely want to get to ~ after I learn to make a column, or fountain, or something out of mesh and concrete!

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz