making the pendants, pictures and tutorial

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 17, 09 at 19:15

DD2 wanted a flower shape and she settled on a tulip design I drew up

bezel tut 1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: making the pendants, pictures and tutorial 2

cut it out and use as a pattern to cut two of the same shape, lay in wire loops or jump rings and "glue" the 2nd piece over top

bezel tut 2

o
RE: making the pendants, pictures and tutorial 4

not pictured I have also cut out a 3rd layer of the 2 smaller petals and stamped them before "gluing" them in place

bezel tut 3

o
RE: making the pendants, pictures and tutorial 5

using tesserae, measure aand cut a strip of clay wider than than the tess is thick. glue along the top edges to form your well

bezel tut 5

o
RE: making the pendants, pictures and tutorial 7

at this point you want to bake as directed on the clay label. after it cools and hardens, sand it upside down on a flat surface to even out the well wall. smooth off and bumps and burrs from the sides and back

bezel tut 7

o
RE: making the pendants, pictures and tutorial 8

LOL I didn't skip a step, just a number!

now I make bunches of teeny little balls and worms

bezel tut 8

o
RE: making the pendants, pictures and tutorial 9

"glue" them into place and bake again

bezel tut 9

o
RE: making the pendants, pictures and tutorial 10

now you can paint it however you like and mosaic it.

bezel tut 11

o
RE: making the pendants, pictures and tutorial

I am sooooo excited! I just got my clay in and I have to try this!
Thanks sweetie!

o

I should warn ya Fern, its addicting

o

That looks like fun but I have way to much going on in my life right now!I do love it tho!!!!

o

You're an amazing, multi-talented artist, my dear. Congratulations on another facet of your art. I just shake my head w/every one of your projects. Thank you for new inspiration.

o

Oh Candy! This is truly another addiction I am sure!!! And to think you can glue it together like that! LOVE IT!! Thanks for showing us! I still haven't used all the stuff in my last Tesserae exchange, I'll have to go look, I think I got some of this stuff! I already have a pasta machine(never used it yet, I'd be big as a house!LOL!)may have to donate to the experiment! OH heck...I'm skedaddling back to my throne now..Slow....

o

Nice that is just too clever!!! I have never tried the clay before but this sure makes me want to!!!! Thanks for the info....

o

oops I never clarified here that "glueing" in terms of polymer clay is using liquid clay to glue with. in the case its liquid sculpy but i think all the brands have a version of this, its also used for transferring pictures to clay.

thanks everybody

o

Thanks so much for sharing your instructions! Something I definitely want to get to ~ after I learn to make a column, or fountain, or something out of mesh and concrete!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here