Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Butterfly update

Posted by artglass (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 3, 09 at 18:57

Finally started with mosaic. Not far,but wanted to let you know I have started. Black and brown so far. The flowers to the side are to go on later. Also added a pic of the concrete block I covered. The BB is sitting on it for now but they really don't go together. Still worry they will pop off later. The silicon method makes everything so secure but using thinset is a lot less messy. Haven't been shopping for mortar yet so went ahead and using full contact cement. Yep, hope it works!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s945.photobucket.com/albums/ad297/artglass_memories/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Butterfly update

Artglass...no pics!!!

o

OOPS!

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

o

Oh, that's gonna be just gorgeous. I like the shape of the glass in the middle of the wing. The flowers are WONDERFUL. Huuuuuuuury.

o

WOW!!! Lookin' Good!!! Can we get a closeup pic of those 2 crows behind your gorgeous Barnes sign!??? (I live on Barnes rd!lol!)

o

Artglass...I LOVE the butterfly and all of your other projects also. I especially like the wine bottle mosaic and what a great idea to steam iron the label off and put on your piece! I would have never thought of that! Gotta write it in my "Book of Magic"....lol. I love the colors of your bird house also...it turned out adorable! Can't wait to see your finished butterfly.

Addiesue

o

I so so want to try this method. Not sure I want to go as big as Slows projects, but this gives me something to think about on a smaller scale to try. Can't wait to see this finished.

o

Calamity, here is a pic of the old crows. They used to wear straw hats until the weather did them in. Thanks for everyones comments. I Posted because everyone has been so helpful and I didn't want you to think I had given up. Just slow..... not like 'The Slow'! Katishooked, jump in! Just remember the gloves.

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

o

Very nice ART: Your work is too cool!!! Thanks for sharing. We all so like to see everyones work!!! We do love those pics. Your work is very very lovely. Not sure why you would think your not an artist!!!!!! Just jump in to whatever your fixin to do and it usually works it way through!!!!! Look forward to seeing many more of your beautiful ART pieces!!!! Later

o

Call it what you want, I call it art!
Beautiful stuff darlin.

o

Those doors are awesome!!! Lovely work! And the crows are so cute!!!hehheh!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here