Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My stepmom's turtle

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 8, 09 at 18:29

she had this turtle - a Chinese mosaic that fell apart. She brought it up from Fla last spring and asked if I could fix it up. She did say I could do anything I wanted

Stylin turtle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My stepmom's turtle

Well, of course, so many of our Florida turtles are green (either by birth or from algae...lol). It is wonderful and has such a sweet face. If she doesn't like it, I'd give it a good home. Lots of green turtles in my neighborhood to play shuffleboard and pickleball with anyway. :) Great job, I'm sure she will love it.

o

very cute! i like the ball chain outline!

o

Blingy!!! Love the ball chain too!!!

o

I would say he is a keeper. Great job. I think ur SM will like him.

Kat

o

I think he might be walking my direction!
Love it.

o

He's darling!!!!!

o

thanks everybody, I really love him and can't wait till my Step mom gets back this fall.

o

I realy love himmm!!!!!

o

Oh man do I have a place for that!

Beautiful - perfect - you have to give him/her a name!

Here is a link that might be useful: Perfect place to store your turtle!

o

Well isn't he a happy little dude? Doncha just love that emerald Van Gogh glass? Perfect edging. Wish I could find ball chain like CALAM sent me. It was HUGE. I can't even find it here at all, except in those small kits in the lighting section at Lowes, and it's expensive. BIG DECK - that's a beautiful inlay. Wonderful idea.

o

lol I'm a sucker for any van gogh really, I got this in the mix of offcuts from Maria's (course right after I ordered she runs a sale on off cuts - isn't that always the way it goes?) but it did give me bunches of nearly every color so that was cool - specially now that the pendant bug has hit me.

someone sent me a link once for ball chain and you could pick sizes. but you order in bulk and thats costly, specially with the wt - shipping

I agree with Slow Big deck, that turtle is AWESOME!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here