Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
belladom_gw

beveled glass front doors

belladom
13 years ago

I am remodeling my home and the designer suggested a glass entry door to let in light and give a modern feel to the eclectic style with craftsman and ranch overtonesÂin Southern Calif. lots of double hung windows, French doors off the front... My husband doesn't like the solid glass much and wants a beveled glass instead. Isn't this bordering on Victorian? Does anyone know about the new glass doors, they come in rain, and other styles.... let in light but are private...

Thanks for any input.... Very hard decision

Comments (4)

• silvamae
    13 years ago

Our house is cream-colored limestone and brown cedar with lots of windows. It looks more like a ranch house than any other, long porches and metal roof. It has a beveled glass front door and it goes well with the house. I will see if I can find a picture and post it.

• belladom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow thanks, I would love to send a drawing of our home, but don't know how? How big is the beveled glass and how big is your door?? Thanks

• silvamae
    13 years ago

Our front door is just average sized. I went into my blog and inserted a picture of it in the same entry as a picture of the house. Click on the blog link below, then on the right side, click on 2009, then on the entry dated 12/08/09, then you will see a sculpture entitled ''looking south'' and the house is in the background. I inserted the door photo after that. I have a neighbor who has a house similar to ours but much larger and his door is in three sections and elaborately beveled and it looks lovely.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog

• belladom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Sylvia, thanks for the photo, it is beautiful, I especially loved the nature and the fox! looks like a nice life you have.