Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wind Chime and Mosaiced Blue Totem

Posted by gardencrone (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 14, 09 at 18:21

Wow, this is fun and I am going to run out of glass soon. I finished one of my windchimes for my SIL and also the blue totem for my garden. It takes making some of this to learn all the "do's" and "don't's". The black grout was a REAL MESS...guess I should use gloves, eh? My nails look like I changed the oil on the neighborhood's cars. Next time I guess.

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wind Chime and Mosaiced Blue Totem

Very nice!
I have to know how you made the windchimes and I'm sure I won't be the only one.
You should share this on the Trash to Treasure site as well.

o

gc- Love the windchime and the blue totem. You did a good job on both of them. Next time you get into the grout, try soaking your nails in Polident (or the Wal Mart brand of denture cleaner) Believe it or not, this will make your hands and nails come clean and look good in no time. I use two tablets at a time in a bowl to clean mine. So, don't despair, there is a remedy for just about anything.

o

Love, love love, the wind chime and totem. I'm gonna have to take a look at trash to treasure to see how those totems are done. I also would love to know how you did the wind chime and what you used for the thingy that makes it chime.

o

WOW what lovely pieces!!!! Very very cool they are!!!

o

Hope she gets in here and shares soon!

o

oooh I love the totems!

I wouldn't recognize my hands if it weren't for the grout stains!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here