Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I made these tiles for the bathroom

Posted by dabunch (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 10, 09 at 18:11

Whatcha think?

I used ceramic unfinshed tiles (the ones you buy at a ceramics place to finish).

I used polymer clay to give it a 3-D effect.
I used FIMO liquid gel to make sure the polymer clay stuck to the ceramic tile. Baked the tiles. Painted, baked again. Used Polymer clay gloss for topcoat.

I didn't have much time. I'm so tired of the same ole tiles. I wanted a different look, not too perfect... a little Feng Shui-the 2 swans. These will go into the insert that fits into the side of the tub (in case a plumber will need access later ;)

I will post pics when all installed. I'm bit scared.......never did this before.

The worst that can happen is the insert will have to be redone-lol
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae12/kinchichi/Tilesswans.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: tiles

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I made these tiles for the bathroom

Ole Mole! Your tiles look really beautiful, what a good job you did. Show them with pride, it's gonna look awesome!

o

I love these. You have done a beautiful job. I have never thought of using pc and building up a relief. What a grand idea. I am anxious to see them installed.

o

Wonderful! Like I said I LOVE PC.
Remember you can always "stamp" or carve texture to them but what you have done is so classic, and even a bit "retro", I really love them.

o

LOVELY JOB!!! Way to go!!!!

o

WOW!! Very beautiful!!!!! Please show pics when done!!!

o

How clever. Very nice, classy design. Wouldn't have thought of adding texture to those basic tiles w/it. We sure learn lots of tips on this forum. Thanks for that one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here