Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phantom_gardner

Stained Glass front door (pics)

phantom_gardner
14 years ago

Hello I have been checking out this site for a while but am new to posting. I am 27 and bought my first house at 25 (the same one I am in) I got tired of paying rent on something I could never really feel was my own. This was my first project. I live fairly close to a glass shop and I love stained glass. My front door was an interior door from a house that was getting ripped down. So I replaced all of the clear glass with colored glass (hate that feeling of someone looking). I sill need to sand down the door, re-stain it and then clear coat it. But as it is I love it. I live in a small town and everyone noticed it and I have gotten alot of compliments on it. It was fun :)

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (9)

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Wondeful idea. I love you door. I can see why people would notice and comment

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

WOW!!! Gorgeous!! Like a quilt! Ahhh, The Eye Candy! I have fav pcs of stained glass that are so pretty I just gotta set them on the windowsill so I can enjoy them...till I figure out what I'm gonna cut em up and use em for!!! I can't get out of a stained glass store without spending tons of money...BAD JANE!!!lol! Thanks for sharing your lovely door!!! I mosaiced mine!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• texaswild
    14 years ago

OHMYGOODNESS, PHANTOM: That is sooooooooooooo gorgeous!!! I love the whole picture, and if that were my front door, I'd put a protective coat on it as it is. I LOVE the warmth and rusticity of that scene. W/love to see a picture of your whole house. That is just sooooo beautiful. Love the color of the door facing too.

• joyy
    14 years ago

that turned out well! i'd love to see a pic of what it looks like from the inside with the light coming through.

and good for you for buying your own place at 25 - it's nice to have the freedom to do what you want to your own space :) home ownership is a huge responsibility but a really worthwhile one.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Oh ya, What Joyy says...Give yourself a pat on the back, Miss HomeOwner!!! And Yes! I bet it does look amazing from inside...Sometimes I call my hubby when I'm out at night and tell him to turn the light on so when I get home I can see my door lit up!!!haha!

• gardenlover25
    14 years ago

Its fabulous! From what I see, It looks like an abstract painting which has a unique attitude. You've done a great job! Thanks for sharing.

• texasfern
    14 years ago

It does have a rustic feel to it and it is wonderful.
    Something tells me that this is just the begining of your "ownership" stamp on this home!

• gardencrone
    14 years ago

It IS like a wonderful old country patchwork quilt. What are the two pieces which "dress" it? One in the middle top looks like an angel or figure and the silver one on the top left like some beautiful door jewelry? Very pretty and Calamity says, at night with the light behind it I imagine it is beautiful. Congrats on home ownership and putting your mark on what is yours.

• phantom_gardner
    Original Author
    14 years ago

gardencrone- it is a door knocker i found at a garage sale for like 5 bucks. It is a hand from India with a stylized type henna design on it. I think it is solid brass I do not know. I will try and take a pic of it and post it.

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure