Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flagtruck

Column #2

flagtruck
14 years ago

Here is the 2nd in the series of 3. This is the sewer pipe I have been saving for a while. It was heavy so I figured I better get it set before doing any more mosaic on it and making it need a crane.

Here is a link that might be useful: Column #2

Comments (22)

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Flag, those are so awesome...just love 'em!!!

• dabunch
    14 years ago

Beautiful.

That looks like a lot of work.

• texasfern
    14 years ago

The saga continues! Lookin good my dear!

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks guys. I realized that I forgot to put the dots of red in the white, so I discovered a new tool for removing tess one at a time. I got my handy paint can opener that they usually give you in the paint dept. with a little pry bar on the end. This thing does wonders at getting in a popping off just one tile. So now my white has red dots. I took out a few white and replaced them with red. Raining here again today so I got wet and had to give up for awhile on #2. I will go work on the finial for #1 at my worktable, then take it in the studio for it's fitting with tile and mirror. LOL

• artglass
    14 years ago

Love to see your progress, and a bonus to have you share the new "tool"! I'll bet your yard is becoming quite a show.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Good tool tip -o- the day!!! Nice sewer pipe!lol! Did ya ever think you'd say that to somebody?!!!lol!

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I began the mosaicing today but only gave this a few hours. I will try to finish tomorrow.

Here is a link that might be useful: #2 Progress 8-12-09

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Wow you are really fast Flag and they are both beautiful! Wish I could do more outside, I would love to do some columns... maybe in the winter time.

Donna in Florida

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Lookin good girl!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Look at her go. Hadn't realized you were making twins, but that w/be such a nice threesome. Sure helps to have all the tess ready, doesn't it. BEAUTIFUL, FLAG.

• chinatreasures
    14 years ago

Great work flag!! I can't wait to see them finished!

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Looks great Flag! Just Give-at-r!!!lol!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Oh Flag Little Brother is lookin good!!! And the finial is gonna be perfect!!!!!!!!

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks to all of you. I am really not that fast. Today has been a slow day since I had to put down pieces of tarp that I had in the alley so I could sit on my bottom and scoot around and around this thing. I don't lack much and I will eat a bite and go back to it. I want this one done so I can start 'Big Brother or Fat Sister' I will let you all decide. I also have a big urn or pot that broke and I am going to attempt to put it all back together with Gorilla Glue and then mosaic it for the top of the third one. If it doesn't work I will just have to find one for the top. Thanks again for the encouragement. You all are the greatest ego boosters I know.

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here's pics of today's progress. I do not lack much to finish...Saturday will be a grout only day. Going to Slow's in am to help her landscape around her new fountain.

Here is a link that might be useful: Almost there

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Hot diggedy dawg!!! I LOVE it, and I LOVE the finial. Y'all, I LOL this morning when FLAG said she might make five of these, and then said Hel_ (y'all know - that place down south) - I might just make a forest of them. Go get 'em, FLAG

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Leave it to me to make you laugh. I think a forest of colums would be great, no leaves to rake. I imagine that these 3 are all I am putting here for now. I still want one by the pond.

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

Its so PERFECT Flag, I love love love it!!

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Hey! You could go all out and do this!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Nek Chand!

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Jane- I love his work and one of the reasons I took Riana's class was to learn to do me a dog and a flamingo and etc. I have the dog sketched out and may do him sometime soon, then Slow showed me the pics of the couple in PV she thinks Cindy is making and made me want to do them. I am having trouble getting the fish fountain from yesterday out of my mind.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Ah mmmmmmmmmm - I forgot to tell FLAG not to tell that about Cindy. Oooooooooooh I'm in deep trouble, and I betcha CALAM is too now - ooooooooooo. Well, that's whacha get, KLINGER, for keeping us in the dark and planning a big surprise, doncha know?

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well shoot...you should have told me. If she isn't doing them, I will try as soon as you send me the pic. Oh well, I thought you and Janey were just guessing, not telling a secret. She probably won't see this thread anyway.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County