Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my bank!

Posted by bettycbowen (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 2, 08 at 16:17

I'm finally home and in front of a computer, so I can properly thank adaisy777 for my AWESOME bank! I also want to show the piece of art it will live next to -

you see, around here, potatohead is kind of a local icon, since Cushing is home to artist/printmaker Rob Smith who has used this character in his work for many many years. So - I was a perfect person for this bank! Rob hasn't seen it yet, he will be jealous.

mosaic potato

And Rob's - this is apparently an actual historical event
Pope Clement VIII blessing the first cup of coffee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my bank!

That was worth waiting for, awesome job adaisy!!!

o

I'm so glad you liked it...did you see what's inside?

o

Too cute! Great job adaisy! Soooo, what's in it, hmmmmm?

o

What's in it, is giant glass jewels including a couple of very cool thick stars (I've never seen these before), and a "change of face" for potatohead! I hope this pic shows it ok.

jewels

While I'm at it, Cathy asked me to post a photo of her amazing bank - she brought it over to my house last night for a visit. I think her artist's name is Ramona, forgive me if I'm wrong - I think she posted the photo also, since I definitely remember the tail ruffle! The colors are very beautiful. Gold metallic grout. We thought she looked good on a scarf I brought back from Venice.

cathy's bank

o

I just have to do a Potatoe Head now!
Too cute!
Great surprises inside!
That classy pig needs a name!

o

adaisy, you have a wonderful sense of humor and I love that you included another face. Geez, what will all of you think of next? What a great thing that this piece went to Bettyc under the circumstances. How fun!

From another daisy(me)!

o

adaisy. Great idea and wasn't it so cool that it went to Bettyc who can really appreciate her local flavor.

And yes, I remember that frilly piggy with cool pierced ears!1 ANd that blanket it the background looks like they were made for each other.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here