Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flower Pot Before Grout

Posted by slowmedown (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 13, 10 at 15:41

Made this sculpture last year. Very crude job of mosaicing cuz I'm anxious to mo the birdbath.
Flower Pot

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flower Pot Before Grout

Are those glass tiles...the red ones? And what is that behind it? The stand for this? Another Wonderfully inspiring item Slow!!! I gotta quit sponsoring and get creating!ha! (NA duties are big right now)Today I am transplanting indoor house plants, then work on my window some more...I REALLY like this flower pot!!!!

o

Yes, glass tiles I bought from a surplus store. They were 4X6" tiles and I cut them down. Got this puppy grouted this morn. - outside where it's 102 right now. White spots show the sealer is still wet. Sick of this horrible summer heat. Behind it are two cinder blocks that have been sitting there a year waiting for grout. I finally put several outside under potted plants on the patio w/o grout. W/grout some day. Right now I'm glad to get this grouted and sealed cuz the dark green tiles - also from the surplus store - were frosted and looked dull. Got some tiles laid into the birdbath bowl already, and am anxious to get cementing them in.
Grouted

o

You are such an inspiration!! I just love everything you do and am so happy you keep posting pics!

o

Why thank you dear.

o

That is very cool looking !!!

o

Hope you show a pic of when it's planted up cuz it sure is LOVELY!

o

Thanks, you two. CALAM: I haven't a clue where this one is going or what to plant in it. Needs a stem but I can't come up w/an idea cuz the danged thing is so heavy, I can barely lift it. It's sitting outside near the turbine pedestal now. I'm thinking I w/have to build a pedestal for it.

o

YES! A pedastal for sure!!! Ahhhh, the inspiration!!! It just oozes out of ya!!! (I mean that in a very nice way!lol)heh heh! Here I am just wanting to keep my 1/2acre watered!!! (All(500) new plants the last 2yrs)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here