Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Arbor/Trellis/GOG

Calamity_J
13 years ago

Sheesh! Just cuz I wanted to make another GOG, I decided to make a trellis for it...which goes beside an arbor(to my secret garden!) It's slow going but I am started now. Got the arbor up have the basic structure for the trellises, the GOG will go in the middle part on the left, with garden beds in front of it...I have clematises and a rose bush waiting to go there....I wanted just a plain Jane GOG flower, as the idea of it is to be looking up at it from the bottom of my back yard, which is 100ft down a slope...I wanna be able to look up and see a big flower!! The inside of the flower will be a bright orange and the background will be green.

Comments (34)

• emtnest
    13 years ago

Cool Calamity J...you are such a busy bee!!!

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Gonna be beautiful. Love those roses in back waiting. Made any progress on the GOG today?

• flagtruck
    13 years ago

WOW! Fancy Pants you are going like a house afire, Do you ever unwind? This is going to be so neat, can't wait. ..MORE...MORE

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

WOW ..... and what kind of vitamin is it that you take?!?!?!?!? You seem to have endless energy. Can't wait to see pics of completed project.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Further along the WIP, the weather has cooled off and I am hoping to get this side done soon, then am deciding on a mirror GOG for the other side of the arbor...I have such a gorgeous yellow/orange rose to plant under this GOG!!!! And what better plant to put in a bed that shows off my art obsessions...than a Passion Vine!!! heh heh!

It doesn't show up in this pic, but the reds and green leaves are irridecent...just GOTTA have some extra bling!!!heh heh!

• texaswild
    13 years ago

OH GOOD GRIEF! That is soooooooo beautiful. LOVE everything about it. How large is it? Your property is surely beautiful too - looks like a dense forest. That flower is gonna be so gorgeous hanging in that space.

• cajunlady68
    13 years ago

That is going to be so pretty. I love your colors.

• angs_pool
    13 years ago

Oh your flower is beautiful! I can't wait to see the sun shine through it, Gorgeous!!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Fantastic! Can't wait to see it in place.
    Kathy

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

That is turning out so pretty!!!1

• fldirt
    13 years ago

Man that is turning out really nice. Love the bright colors. Can't wait to see it hung!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This window is 40" x 32", a fair size!!! Now the BEST part...Grouting!!! Tomorrow, gotta let the silicone set.I am of course...doing black grout...heh! Then finish painting it, then it is ready to go on the trellis!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

That is going to be so pretty!!!

• texaswild
    13 years ago

OHMYGOODNESS!!! It's gorgeous!!! Did you use your saw to cut the leaves? They're so perfect. I'm continually in awe of your talent.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks! The leaves are just a crud hand cut actually, but I am happy with them cuz they used up a lot of the background...leaving just enough room for how much background green I had(maybe 1/2 a cup to spare!) I LOVE the irridecent of the leaves and red! It's taking me so long to do such a simple project, but oh well, at least I am puttering along with it! The weather is cooling off so actually feel like doing something! A friend has bought the house right behind us and she will be able to see this from her house!!!ha!(on top of her 5 acres!)

• kraftkrazy
    13 years ago

that is absolutely beautiful...i am looking for a flower pattern to use on my patio chairs,, do you mind if i borrow your pattern?

• jenel
    13 years ago

That is beautiful! Now I'm determined to be on the lookout for old windows at all the estate sales and garage sales we visit. You've inspired me. :)

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

Gorgeous job Jane! I love the marbles! Its cool that your friend will be able to see it.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Grouted!!!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

WOW WOW Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that! It turned out so pretty!!!Great job.

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Wait a minute - you have on long sleeves!!! Makes me hot to look at your shirt. It's gonna be a cold wave here today - only 97 is predicted. JANEYBO: I absolutely love this project - still don't understand how you nipped those leaves so perfectly - especially the large ones. It's huge!! You look so happy and frisky - your hair is gorgeous - wish we could get together. Hey, the class I wanted to take in PV has been cancelled, so I'm going during the week of Riana's class - not taking a workshop, but I'm going to spend the week mosaicing things Riana left the last couple of years. You/KLINGER wanna come and do the same? This w/probably be my last year - getting harder to make the trip, so I'm just gonna spend the week playing w/tiles, mosaicing and having fun doing what we did on the terrace of our little hotel that year we were together. You/KLINGER talk about it. I'm sure Sam w/give y'all a break on the room.

• squirrellycanadian
    13 years ago

Heyyyyyyyy Jane, just thought I'd check and see what's goin on here... and looky at what you made!! This is gorgeous!! It's huge! It's going to look awesome hanging in your trellis, and your neighbour is going to want one once she sees this baby! You're lookin great! I had wanted to come over for a visit this year and just never seemed to get around to makin a plan. Glad to see you playin with glass!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just wanted to show how good I'm doing/healed/happy, and loving my addiction again! Been workin' 12hr night shifts and got overtired(I'm a 5am girl so staying up late is not my thing) and had a chill when pic was taken...PV sounds sooooo Heavenly....You and Klinger could do the mosaicing, and I could do the grouting!!!! And bug the chef, maybe he'd want a sous chef!lol! Just been painting the frame on this baby, getting it ready to install. Then onto the Fairey! And hopefully front porch...I was at Klinger's the other day and she had an awesome new step at the front of her studio that I am inspired by to make a swirl of sorts at my front door patio...Good to see you posting again Squirrelley, you healed up and working on anything?

• squirrellycanadian
    13 years ago

Good for you Jane! My hand has healed up just fine, I post mostly on flickr, here's the link,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mostlymosaic/

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Amazing! I love how you took the pattern over both panes.
    Can't wait to see it installed.
    Kathy

• calinromania
    13 years ago

that's one beautiful XXL flower!
    Love it!

Squirel... nice works i've seen in your album... i'm gonna steal some of your ideas!

:)

• flagtruck
    13 years ago

You look so great and look like you are feeling good. The gog is magnificent. You ought to be proud as punch. You have done so many wonderful things since you got to feeling better. There's no stopping you now. You go girl.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Been sloooowly getting things done with this so figured I'd post this pic, will be planting in front of this...

Here is a link that might be useful:

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Absolutely beautiful, and looks so professionally worked. The arbor/Trellis - wow - wish I had a handyman to help build stuff like that. I so want to build a Riana arbor, but guess I'll have to give up on that one - can't do the real big stuff anymore. Toying w/a bench idea - maybe, maybe not.

• loribee2
    13 years ago

Wow! That window is absolutely beautiful!! It's one of those pieces that makes me go, "I want to make something like that!" Gorgeous!

• klinger
    13 years ago

Beautiful Janie, your vision came together beautifully
    cindy

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

This is just beautiful!!!! I love the colors in the flower. Keep the pics coming!

• fldirt
    13 years ago

That all came together nicely. I love the window! Great job!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Dang that turned out great!!!!!

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner