nicethyme

TG tray

nicethyme
14 years ago

called unconditional sparkle

Comments (11)

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Great Tray...nice design and really like the name! What is the stuff around the outside area? Cool lookin'! Oh, and the little fairy?!!!

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks! its half marbles and grout

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Beautiful tray Nice, Did you paint the tray or the glass???? I gotta get me some TG...sure do like the look ot it

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

That is so cool I realy like it !!!

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Cathy, the red is a mylar balloon, and the golds are from candy bars and gum. the blue bits are where I painted gold to blend the edges of the foils and the paint reacted with the Mac glue and "tarnished"

• texasfern
    14 years ago

I so love that look.
    I have used tin foil under the glass before, but balloons?
    Great idea. I have that "multimedia" appeal.
    Beautiful.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Oh, that's lovely. I loved working w/TG, but haven't gotten any lately. You've whipped out two small projects. When you starting that chair???

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

ooooh now, I've gotten pendant fever because of an exchange and have made bunches of them. I'm making my own blanks out of clay.

when the exchange is over I'll post them for ya to see - lots of fun, very fast to make and uses little bits of scrap glass

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Ohhhhh I want to see these! I just ordered 5lbs of poly clay and have lots and lots of TG!

• charmo
    14 years ago

Wo, Wo, Wo...how the heck do you come out with ideas like this and soooo beautiful, I'm jealous! I've done one project (BB) with TG, and didn't like it but now you're making me what to give it another try.
    So the "mylar" balloon, what is a "mylar" balloon? Just a regular latex balloon? Also the grout around the marbles, is that gold also, how did you do that and what did you use to make it gold? I know questions, questions, but what can we do when something is so appealing!

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Charmo, mylar are those plastic foil film balloons. I saw one stuck in the weeds on the side of my road and salvaged it - may crew laughs at my scrounging.

the grout started as black, after a couple of hours I went over it with gold pain and some metalic reds - let it "soak in" and wiped it off the glass.

since this pic I have resined the tray several times and added both gold and red glitter in areas

Sponsored
SparkWise Electric (aka Max Electric)
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Expert Electricians for Electric Service and Lighting