Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

My Throne WIP

Calamity_J
14 years ago

I have only 5hrs of work into it, but am getting more and more excited about it!!! It's bigger than I imagined it was gonna be, so will have to go gather more toilet shards, I actually have a toilet out in the garden...That Hubby put out there(his 1st pc of garden art!!!LOL)so even tho it's a good color(green) I can't smash it!lol! Plus it came from the bathrm in our house, so sorta sentimental?lol! Thought I'd better start it's own thread....

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:180298}}

Comments (23)

• texaswild
    14 years ago

OMGOODNESS, girlie - it's HUGE. I knew it looked large outside, but it's near your ceiling. Perfect size for the garden, though. This is gonna be sooooooo much fun to watch.

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

wow! is it entirely mesh or did you use foam too?

• daisyme
    14 years ago

Wow, Jane! What a throne! That is going to be sensational!

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

WOO HOO!! This is going to be fantastico!!! So, yep wanna know what NT asked, did you do this like Cait's bench or more like a Riana/Slow construction?? Can't wait to see updates.

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Oh ya! OOHHH ya!!!! It's gonna be AMAZING!!!! WOW-----WOW----and WOW!!!!!!!!! Hurry, hurry please I can't wait to see it in all in GLORY!!!!!

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

I expect to see you sitting in this with your crown soon. Good job. Aren't you the fancy one? I think this will be a monument.

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Now that is a THRONE!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Everyone, I just decided to add some of the top features, will carve them out of foam. I am so inspired by a certain pair of butterfly antenae(Artglass), that I dug around out in my shed stash...and found some copper tubing I was saving to do a copper fountain, so will try to add something interesting with it!!!ha! Plus that course Slow is taking in Mexico(less than 6 mos!lol!)is also adding to my theme...

Here is a link that might be useful: Demeng Art

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

What am I going for????hee ho ho ha ha!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

You might as well add a couple columns on each side. This baby is HUGE. You will have to get the jolly green giant to sit in this. What is Haberdashery? I don;t get it. I must be dense.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here I thought I was the Queen of glass globs...NOT! I didn't have any big blue ones...so I had to use stained glass in the color I wanted, to make these inserts for the crown like object on top...the crowning glory?!lol! But I will have to wait to add this topper till I get the chair back outside as it may be hard to get outta the house!!lol! But I just had to see how it was gonna look so pinned it up with nails, will take it down, mortar/add glass/mosaic it and get it ready to put back up.
    That Demeng guy has a VERY interesting art style!! Check out his shrines...

• texaswild
    14 years ago

OHMYGOODNESS. Girlie, that is one danged fabulous piece in the makes. I L.O.V.E. the crown. Hey, you know - as I was cleaning a thought came to me. You might have been thinking of stability in the pieces you're adding, when I thought you meant the whole chair. Why not bend coat hangers to use as pins to put in your foam to hold them securely? CALAM - I am sooooooo loving this thing. Oh, Y.E.S. You MUST have a column on each side, and how about a walkway, and a kneeling bench for Richard? I'm seeing a whole story line on this puppy. It's gonna be BETTER than the one at the Hacienda. Lordy, child, you're creative.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm so excited...I made some end pcs and have some ideas for them too!!! I am going to se some metal flowers I scored when I took the course down in PV(HM)

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL167/1640891/21727016/371256860.jpg
    I have measured this thing and it will be 5'4"wide x 7'10"high!!! I'm gonna have to figure out where to put this to get the backlighting I want to show the ashtray!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good idea about the bent hangers Slow! Thanks! I'm off to pick up my ROE from work, (only took 2months!!!) and so will scrounge some toilet shards...oh and mail a cheque to the Sidney Foundation!ha!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

OH YES!!!!!! Those metal things. Be sure you use metal paint on the. LOVE the side parts. It's larger than my fountain. I think mine is: basin at wide point - 68", and from the ground to the arc on top about 75". This is so exciting. I am so anxious to begin the landscaping around my fountain. Do you have anything in mind yet for your throne? W/it be near your pond?

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WOW!!! I'm blown away!!! I went out to get toilet shards and some errands done, and I went to my old work place and found this REALLY cool tub!!! It is the exact shape I wanted...it's like a mini-me-slow-version!!!heh heh! It is 32inches tall, has an 18inch deep tub/drain...was a "mike's Lemonade(booze)tub, I'm gonna put a wall up the back and make a fountain!!!! YES!! Plus I scored wiremesh/chickenwire/drywalltape/mortaradditive/and a metal stand for some future project(BowlB?)Plus the two buckets of toilet shards! What a great day!!! Paid $14 for everything!!!

• daisyme
    14 years ago

That's one great tub, CJ! $14.00 for THAT haul? You go, girl! And the throne!.....AWESOME!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Well, don't you beat all?!!! You find the neatest bargains. That is truly is a perfect fountain basin. What kind of material is it? I can envision this already, but please, girlie, don't stop work on the throne to start a fountain. Get back to work - I WANNA SEE THE THRONE, WAAAAAHHHHH.

• cait1
    14 years ago

WOW!!!

It's MASSIVE!!

PUT ME TO SHAME!!!

You're gonna have that sucker finished before I do mine!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

One suggestion. Since you are most definitely gonna be keeping that huge lady out in the garden, when you attach all your do-dads (crowns and curly-cues) I think you should use something a bit more substantial than wire hangers. I used these steel bars I found at a junk yard and rebar. I'm sure you can find those things, too. Unless you already have them in place with wire hangers and you don't want to detach them - but I still think rebar a better, more solid choice for attaching accoutrements!

You are doing a FANTASTIC job on that baby and I know you're having a LOT O FUN!!!!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Cait!!! You Are The Inspiration of this Monster!!!ha! I don't know how I can top that design You did on yours...peacocks!!! I have about 4:5gal buckets of semi smashed pcs of toilet shards that will take time to smash into usable pcs but hey, they are the THEME of this pc!! I'm already dreaming of the grouting of this puppy!!! My fav part!ha! It sure will take a lot of grout as the toilet shards are sooo thick, but I plan on really smooshing the pcs into the mortar!!!heh heh! The top parts will probably be done in mirror, so won't be too heavy on the crown and sidepcs....I am so happy to have all you to cheer me on, DH is Not feeling the love..yet!!!heh heh! He looked at it last night and just asked: WHERE Is it going?? Anyhoo, gotta run to do a few days work(small job)...so I can afford the grout!!!hahaha!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

COOL finds for sure!!! Will make a great fountain!! I agree with Slow hurry up on that THRONE!! I want to see it done!!!!!!!

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

Jane... your throne looks

HORNY

BAH HAAA HA HAAAA

GO JANEY GO!!!!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh NT! I so agree!!! I looked at it after I did it and thought...WHAT? Satans throne?! But I think it will be okay after I mosaic it with mirror!!!lol! Boob flower, horny chair??? You are evil!!!lol!

Sponsored