Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Backsplash for son and dil

Posted by emtnest (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 10, 09 at 13:26

I am in Canada for a nice stay with my son and his sweet family. Dil had a baby girl two weeks ago and last week I did a backsplash in their huge kitchen...
backsplash for David
Photobucket

http://smilebox.com/playEmail/4d5441334f5463334d6a52384d5463354d6a49324e6a673d0d0a&sb=1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Backsplash for son and dil

Very nice Emtnest, they must love it! Since I am in Canada (Ontario), maybe you can come over and do one for me as well...

o

Hey Charmo.. We are in Orangeville, Ont... where are you?

o

Nice job. I know wthey are very proud of this and the baby too.

o

Emtnest, I am in Napanee, Ontario (right beside Kingston)! I guess that's quite a bit away, darn! LOL! No joking though, it would have been nice to meet!

o

Charmo,
I went through Kingston a couple of weeks ago on the train on my way to Montreal. I went there to meet a fellow garden junker from gardenjunk.org. We had a grand time in Montreal! Maybe another time. They have huge rhubarb leaves here, so we are gonna have some fun with them this week now that the work is done.

o

Oh too bad we didn't know! But for sure next time let me know, it would be fun. In the meantime enjoy your time with your family and have a piece of pie for me!

o

V. nice job!

I wish I weren't afraid to tackle mine.

o

I guess there is no chance of you swinging thru Texas huh?
Great job.

o

Ever get to Vancouver Island BC????

o

Oh such a nice job!! I'm sure they love it and will love thinking of you every time they walk into their kitchen after you have went home!!!!

o

Ah you guys are so nice...and I'm getting lots of offers to come do backsplashes... can you believe I haven't even grouted mine yet? That's now gonna be first on my to do list when I get home..Here's what I've been doing since the backsplash... photographing cardinals...and squirrels...
Photobucket

o

Lovely pics!!! Nice birdbath...needs mosaicing!~lol!

o

They get such severe weather here with the freeze that the mosaic pots I did for them two years ago didn't make it through the winter very well. Would hate to put all that work into it and not have it hold up... I might suggest staining it though to get rid of the plain gray...

o

Oh, you go for a visit, and whip out a backsplash on a weekend. Uh huh!!! Speedy. It's B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. Nice pics too. Don't believe I've ever seen a black squirrel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here