Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emtnest

New Backsplash for son and dil

emtnest
14 years ago

I am in Canada for a nice stay with my son and his sweet family. Dil had a baby girl two weeks ago and last week I did a backsplash in their huge kitchen...

http://smilebox.com/playEmail/4d5441334f5463334d6a52384d5463354d6a49324e6a673d0d0a&sb=1

Comments (14)

• charmo
    14 years ago

Very nice Emtnest, they must love it! Since I am in Canada (Ontario), maybe you can come over and do one for me as well...

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey Charmo.. We are in Orangeville, Ont... where are you?

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

Nice job. I know wthey are very proud of this and the baby too.

• charmo
    14 years ago

Emtnest, I am in Napanee, Ontario (right beside Kingston)! I guess that's quite a bit away, darn! LOL! No joking though, it would have been nice to meet!

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Charmo,
    I went through Kingston a couple of weeks ago on the train on my way to Montreal. I went there to meet a fellow garden junker from gardenjunk.org. We had a grand time in Montreal! Maybe another time. They have huge rhubarb leaves here, so we are gonna have some fun with them this week now that the work is done.

• charmo
    14 years ago

Oh too bad we didn't know! But for sure next time let me know, it would be fun. In the meantime enjoy your time with your family and have a piece of pie for me!

• dabunch
    14 years ago

V. nice job!

I wish I weren't afraid to tackle mine.

• texasfern
    14 years ago

I guess there is no chance of you swinging thru Texas huh?
    Great job.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Ever get to Vancouver Island BC????

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Oh such a nice job!! I'm sure they love it and will love thinking of you every time they walk into their kitchen after you have went home!!!!

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ah you guys are so nice...and I'm getting lots of offers to come do backsplashes... can you believe I haven't even grouted mine yet? That's now gonna be first on my to do list when I get home..Here's what I've been doing since the backsplash... photographing cardinals...and squirrels...

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Lovely pics!!! Nice birdbath...needs mosaicing!~lol!

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

They get such severe weather here with the freeze that the mosaic pots I did for them two years ago didn't make it through the winter very well. Would hate to put all that work into it and not have it hold up... I might suggest staining it though to get rid of the plain gray...

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Oh, you go for a visit, and whip out a backsplash on a weekend. Uh huh!!! Speedy. It's B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. Nice pics too. Don't believe I've ever seen a black squirrel.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!