Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
addiesue_gw

my latest gog project - grape leaves pantry door - finished

addiesue
14 years ago

Hi all...I finally finished the pantry door project with the grape leaves design I posted earlier as a WIP. I tried putting wispies on it with wire but nothing I tried adhered them well enough so I took them off all together. That's really too bad too because I LOVE the wispies on a grape vine and I think it added to the look a lot but I couldn't depend on them staying on. The glass area on this door is approx. 15' x 59'. The first link is to a large single close up pic and then the second link below is to a slideshow which has several pics from different angles.

Single pic:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2542/3780914439_42d97b3ba2_b.jpg

Addiesue

Here is a link that might be useful: Slide Show of Finished GOGs

Comments (9)

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

WOW, its BEAUTIFUL Addie! stunning work

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

That's really pretty Addie, great job!

Donna in Florida

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

What a lovely job you did on this. I know you will be proud and get many compliments.

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

ADDIESUE: Yur work is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I am SOOOOO IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

AWESOME ADDIESUE!! You did wonderful cutting and placement and the way the light shines out the glass, it's just breathtaking!! Be prepared for lots of compliments.

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Absolutely stunning. Addiesue this window for pantry door is very well done.

Kat

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

GOOD JOB!!! Nice to see that baby grouted!!! What fun you had!!!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Superb job. These are truly gallery quality works, ADDIE. Your details are so interesting. For example - the butterfly on the flower, your leaves, the roses, the bird, OMGoodness, I could go on and on, the background cuts on the pantry door. I love the flounciness on the angel wings and the sauciness of your flower petals. I would soooooo love to see these pieces in person. Did you use a saw to make the leaves or a grinder. I notice little nicks in some leaves, deep curves in some. You are truly a phenomenal artist.

• addiesue
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you everyone (my head keeps bumping in to the ceiling right now...lol.) BUT, I don't classify myself as an artist at all. When I look at my stuff I see all of my errors and silently cringe hoping no one else does.

Slowmedown...I do have a glass saw and a grinder. On this project, I did use the saw to cut out the close tight spots on the leaves as a whole then just used my hand tool to cut them in fours. The small leaves in all the other projects were free hand cut, just willie nillie, and then I used the saw to do the nicks and my hand tool to cut them down the middle. My favorite to cut is the sunflowers...they are so easy and can be done free hand....again, willie nillie! I don't usually use the grinder that much although I know some people grind every piece, and I probably should, but I don't. I have paitence but not that much paitence (or maybe I'm just lazy, not sure whether it's the lack of patience or a whole lotta laziness...lol.) Thank you again and I would be tickled pink to have you for a visit anytime you're gonna be up around OKC. Of course I don't have all of these with me to see anymore but I have some and I'm working on more! I'd LOVE to see that little backyard escape you're working on too...my whole family has been following it and we are just blown away...you've done an excellent job! My daughter calls it a Fairy Land. To me and my husband, it reminds us of our time living in El Paso....very rich in culture and color...we miss it from time to time because of that. Thank you for all of the pics!

Addiesue

Sponsored
District Floor Depot
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Quality Hardwood Flooring Retailer in the Greater DC Area