Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pub Table Update

Posted by gcpommom (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 3, 09 at 13:06

Well, after a long delay trying to find a (free) board big enough to attach the mesh to, I have finally starting gluing to the mesh. I have finished the center piece, it took a long time to place those 'random' pieces!

I am going to thinset this part to the table, and then proceed to thinset the edge pieces on so I can be sure it will fit the table correctly....I'm not sure how I am going to do the edges yet, in this pic, they're not glued down, I was just experimenting. I like the 2 rows of red, but don't like the black tiles in the size/shape they are currently.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pub Table Update

ok, that link didn't work, let me try again...

Photobucket

o

gcpommom...that is gorgeous! What detail! OH, and I LOVE the black tiles... I think it really makes the red tiles, including the middle one, POP. I really like the Roman Numerals around the core a lot too....nice touch! How big is this table? It's kind of hard to tell from a pic. Have you decided on a grout color? This table is gonna be the talk of the room!

Addiesue

o

I agree w/ADDIE: LOVE the black, and ditto what else she said - this is truly a work of real art.

o

Thanks, Addie and Slow!
Addie: the mosaic is made entirely of ceramic or porcelain floor tiles (not sure which). It is for a pub style table, which is 36" around. Grout will be a tough one....I definitely want dark grout for the white tiles...I will probably use a dark charcoal or black.

I think I might reverse the edging tiles, and put the black tiles first, and the red on the outer edge.

o

GCP" BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOvin it!!!! How bout red, white broken (like the middle and blk edge??? Just an idea to ponder. REALLY Great Work girl!!!!

o

Ooooo - I like CATH's idea.

o

Gc I like the way you are headed. I think the red and then the black compliment the center design. Great job.

o

GCP: I am patiently waiting for an update? I am so loving this project and can hardly wait to see how you decided to do the edging girl!!!! Please add update pics!!!!! Thanks, Cathy

o

Progress this week: got saran wrap off, no problems with that, thinset down the center piece...thinset the red pieces by hand(they're a bit uneven) and am currently gluing the black pieces to mesh. Table not completely level, from middle of table to outside edge it is off by about 1/16+ inches. Overall it is level, so I'll take it!

Photobucket

o

Looks wonderful.
It is so hard for me to keep these kind of things level.
I have done a few barstools and it was tough.

o

GCP: Love it love it!!!! The broken black looks amazing!!!! Great choice!!! Just lovely. WOW

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here