Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasfern

Tessy Exchange Pictures

texasfern
14 years ago

What a surprise!

Oh Donna (mzclassic) I love it all!

Glass globs, marbles, cut ceramics, beautiful blue plate, scrabble letters (I have been searching for these at GW and such), beach glass(!!!!), cut glass and virtuous tiles (I think that is what they are, I love them), strings and strings of beads (you KNOW how I love those), pebbles and last but not least, grout!

I have one more mirror to do and had decided to go with a "shabby chic" kinda thing, the cut ceramic dishes are perrrrrfect!

I can't wait to get started.

You made my day darlin, thanks so much.

You know, the last time we did this I got some wonderful big beads that inspired my Palm tree beach thingy window I did.

Sure works for me!

Comments (23)

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Well Texasfern I sure am glad you like all the goodies I sent. I can't wait to see what you do.

Donna in Florida

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Well now I never thot of grout. Was going to put some colorant in but didn't know if I should. Well bust my buttons. Texas nice stash you received.

Kat

• chinatreasures
    14 years ago

Hey y'all, I declare myself the winner!!! Oops, this wasn't a contest was it? I received my "treasures" this afternoon from KraftKrazy and I am so surprised at all the little goodies she sent. They are wonderful! I can't wait to start putting these little trinkets in my projects ~ I already have some great ideas!! There were glass and clay tiles, stained glass, bevels, beads, dominoes, little gems, stones, little metal and magnet quotes, a geode, mirror glass, metal forms, sea glass and more. Thanks so much Pam, you put together a great exchange box!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30285204@N07/3838708276/

• chinatreasures
    14 years ago

let's try this:

• kraftkrazy
    14 years ago

i am so glad you liked all the stuff.. i tried to include a little of everything, then i thought that might not be a good idea if you start something and dont have enough of that item to finish your project...so i took stuff out, added more stuff, took that out, put in different stuff,,it got to be crazy!!! and i read that you liked plates and that kind of stuff but i have none of that. so i packed what was in there, and addressed and taped the box before i could change again. if you need more of any of the stuff i sent, other than the stained glass, just let me know and i will see if i have more to send to you.

• chinatreasures
    14 years ago

I was the same way, not sure what and how much to include in the box! I got lucky and went to a few tile stores to ask if they had any discontinued tiles and they were very friendly and just gave me some great stuff.

BTW - does anyone know why can't I seem to post a pic into my post? I used the special html codes. Does it have something to do with the fact that I'm using Flickr as my photo sharing program?

• texasfern
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Maybe post the link to the album?

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

China, here you go put the link in the box below

Here is a link that might be useful: China treasures exchange gift

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Wow silvamae! I was so excited when I came home last night to find a boxfull of great things from you. Thank you so much. I have never seen so much neat stuff! Shucks I better get busy huh? Thank you again I love it all.

Donna in Florida {{!gwi}}From Artsy

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

So unwrap all of it and show us. Kinda hard to see thru plastic...maybe not for you, but for those of us with 'tired eyes' it just is a little murky. LOL

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Wow, I was excited to see I had received mine today. Sorry for so many pix, but it's the only way I know to get all in pic.

{{!gwi}}{{!gwi}}{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}{{!gwi}}
    Excuse the expression but i got a butt load of stuff. There is beads (mardi gras,necklaces, etc.). Tiles, bingo chips,plate sections,2 pretty little crosses, sparkly glitter,smoky crystals,vangogh,nice chocolate brown pieces of sg,sm glass candle holder mosaiced with amber pieces,this is already glued to a bell connector for garden flower. Morror, seed beads,purple ceramic plate pieces, two lovely plate centers. Got a quick look a everything, but have GD for the weekend, so will sort better after she goes home. Oh yes, also got two nice switch plates that did not make it in one piece. Will lookat them later to see if I can repair, if not I know they can be used somewhere else.
    Thanks so much for the gift Ramona (rchovey. I really like all the treasures you have sent my way.

• rchovey
    14 years ago

... just wanted you to know! Thank you, Maria!!! I'll get pictures ASAP, gotta run errands right now! Trust me, it's a wonderful treasure trove of tess!

• chelcass
    14 years ago

Texas Fern, I received a very very heavy package in the mail from you. Almost gave the mailcarrier a herina........LOL What a treasure trove. Those lovely seahorses got broken but in mosaics it doesn't matter. when I opened the box glass came flying out at me, four of the bag tore open from the sharp glass. Fortunately it stayed mostly on the dining room table. easy clean up. Would you believe the sand dollars came thru with flying colors, not a chip anywhere......go figure! I love everything. Of all the treasures you sent the only thing I already have is the half marbles. What fun I am going to have. Thank you so much.

I have sent a picture to Donna to post on the forum as I haven't a clue how to post pictures here.

Thanks again,
    ChelCass

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

OH MY GOSH I just got a boatload of wonderful Tessera from Cathy's casche. The box was so heavy I could barely pick it up. LOL. I put photos on my photobucket site cuz there is so much stuff it won't fit in one phot.

THANK YOU SO MUCH CATHY!!! Amazing, Let's see. there are special rocks from Alaska , beach rocks, and agates and then I get to the porcelain tiles.. plates plates plates. gorgeous shamrock green plates, and oh Fiesta piecies(did you know I collect that?) other plates and two large focals, one with gorgeous seashell focal. and even more, beautiful clear blue glass and one inch glass tiles..

I'm sure I missed something but don't' have my reading glasses with me. LOL I cant' wait to start working with all of these gorgeous pieces.

Here is a link that might be useful: Exchange Gift from Cathy in Alaska

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

chelcass, what a haul. Fern had my name in the last exchange so I know you got wonderful stuff. She's the greatest!
    Mer- I was just thinking today that I hoped Cathy in Alaska got my name so I would get Alaskin rocks. LOL. You are a lucky gal, that is a lot of loot. If you can't use the Fiesta you can send it my way. ROFLOL

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Mer: I am so thrilled U like everything!!! I debated and changed everything way too many times! I did go and look at all yur work and I did see you have lots of Fiesta so I put some in. I decided to send more of several than a whole bunch of just a little. I hate when I start a project and don't have enough of something! Please send me yur e-mail so I can send you a copy of the letter that was supposed to go in the box. It is so cool to see everyone's goodies!!!! How fun this is!!! We'll have to do it again in the Spring!!! My e-mail (cathyscache@live.com),Later

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

OH MY GOSH I just got a boatload of wonderful Tessera from Cathy's casche. The box was so heavy I could barely pick it up. LOL. I put photos on my photobucket site cuz there is so much stuff it won't fit in one phot.

THANK YOU SO MUCH CATHY!!! Amazing, Let's see. there are special rocks from Alaska , beach rocks, and agates and then I get to the porcelain tiles.. plates plates plates. gorgeous shamrock green plates, and oh Fiesta piecies(did you know I collect that?) other plates and two large focals, one with gorgeous seashell focal. and even more, beautiful clear blue glass and one inch glass tiles..

I'm sure I missed something but don't' have my reading glasses with me. LOL I cant' wait to start working with all of these gorgeous pieces.

Here is a link that might be useful: Exchange Gift from Cathy in Alaska

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

Flag, I know, I know she said they were headed to Florida so I wondered. LOL. Cathy, yes, I love and treasure all of them. I've already soaked the rocks in water so I could see their colors. BEAUTIFUL they are!! My email is mermaid4beaches@gmail.com

you don't need to send the card if you don't want just tell me by email whatcha wanted to say..

• silvamae
    14 years ago

oh my goodness. FlagTruck!!! I got it today. I love it. I will post pictures tomorrow. Got granddaughters here right now and don't want to be interrupted while trying to post photos. Love it, love it, love it. These exchanges are so much fun.

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

I am tickled pink you got it and I hope there is something in there you can use.

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Hi All...I am posting this photo for chelcass. She received a load of goodies from texasfern and wanted me to post this photo of her goodies.

Donna in Florida {{!gwi}}From Artsy

• silvamae
    14 years ago

Here's a photo of my gift exchange from Flagtruck! Lots of cool stuff; wow, I like it all; there's this really cool glass tile I've never seen before, and some travertine which is one of my favorites; then there's gold-edged rims which I really like, plus mirror and finger cots! How thoughtful. Thank you so much. I love these exchanges; let's do another one soon.

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

Gosh Silva, I see the pimk thing with the flowers got broken, so I guess the flowers will be easier to get off now huh? I am glad you liked your stuff. The blue tile is one I did experimenting with melting glass in my ceramic kiln.The glass tiles have such a deep color I loved them and hope you will too.

Sponsored