Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasfern

Lookie what I'm getting tomorrow!

texasfern
14 years ago

I posted in the wanted forum on Craigs list, and chaching!

6 of these babies for $30! I prefer free, but this will work!

Break out the glass and the grinder!

Now we all know that I don't work as fast as most, so be patient. I gotta get a "picture" in my head first.

Comments (18)

• chinatreasures
    14 years ago

Great deal!! Are you going to do a GOG? Will you leave the wood rustic or paint?

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Oh U LIL Heifer!!!! How cool!!!! I have been looking for windows forever. They are hard to come by here!!!! Wow could I have a field day with those....Get busy I can hardly wait!!!!

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

Great find.. I know you will come up with something beautiful. I have a ton of them I have been saving to make a greenhouse. Maybe I better start some gog and then use them in a gh. LOL

• daisyme
    14 years ago

Oh, Texas! You lucky gal!

• texasfern
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Chinatreasures, I'm not sure if I will leave weathered or not. I think that will depend on what I do on them.

I will probably do GOG and some mixed media as well.
    The wheels are turning.
    I'm hoping it will just come to me. The last one came to me when I received some gorgeous larger beads in our swap last year. I can't remember who sent them to me darnit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Palm Tree Window

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Good for You!!! I just parted with a few...gave/sold em to Klinger...and then that very day...I found/bought one from a thrift store!!!lol! I Hoard them!!!!lol!

• chelcass
    14 years ago

Great find, I have a tendency to hoard them also. I have about 30 so far. DH is going to build me a greenhouse.............in his spare time! ! I did find a small window frame at a GS Friday and the glass had been removed and the frame had been scraped.............stole it for a dollar.............Happy Dance! I think that may be done in stained glass, probably different flowers.

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Well I think you got a good bargain. $5 each. Hey I'd go for that deal. The windows I find, they know what they have and are asking $20-$50 for them. I can wait. Kepp working on my to do list and one day I'll get lucky.

Kat

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

You lucky gal, I too have been looking for them. Our only stained glass store in town wants to sell them for $40 each.. nope not buying those, she also sells glass by the Pound. Anybody hear of that?? I've checked and discovered it's much cheaper to pay shipping and packing fees..

so you just put an add.. old windows wanted??? COOL, can't wait to see what you do..

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Ok...wating to see what Ur gonna do????!!!!!! Curiousity always gets the CAT!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Nice find! I also hoard them... I have probably 50-60 and have only done like 5! Cathy if you ever make it to California I'll give you some...

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Thanks for the offer EMT. Wow I can't even come across 1. Exeter and Porterville are my old stomping grounds you know!! Born and raised til I was 16. I do get there every now and then but the cost to get everything that I find there (flea markets and such) is way too much to ship here...I still have family all over Calif. They've sort of spread out now.

• texasfern
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Boy Miss Cathy, you ARE impatient!
    I barely got them out of the truck into the garage.
    I do have an idea or two rolling in my head. I just have to finish up a memory box for a friend before I bring it into the kitchen. See, I don't have a studio, I have a kitchen!
    I have hooked up my printer and think I am going to utilize that to do a pattern. Not sure, never tried it before.
    I promise I will keep you posted, I must say your impatience is keeping me focused! Thanks.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

LOL - Leave it to CATHY to prod us along. LOL, LOL, LOL.

• texasfern
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It's working. I have started sanding and I have a pattern drawn up!

• squirrellycanadian
    14 years ago

Hey texasfern, just want to thank you for the idea of putting an ad on the "wanted" section on Craigslist. I thought I'd give it a try, put the ad on Sat. morn and 2 hrs later someone responded. I got 3 six paned windows in excellent shape! In my ad I offered to pay $10 each and he gave them to me for FREE!! I'm a happy camper! He asked if I would send him a picture when done.
    So thanks for the idea texasfern!

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Squirrelly, are you gonna do a 3 panel/window extravaganza????

• texasfern
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Squirrelly, you little stinker! Good for you.
    I would post again and hope to get some for free, but I really have no place to put them.
    Good luck and be sure to post those pics!