Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
On-Line Retailers for Ceramic Tile?

Posted by loribee2 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 11, 10 at 12:27

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good on-line retailer for ceramic or porcelain tiles. I've visited my local tile stores, and the bright, vivid colors are pricey because most are made to order (I can get all the cheap/free earth tones I want!). I'm looking for reds, golds, greens, etc. in small quantities of preferably 4X4 tiles. There are a few websites I've found, but am wondering if anyone has experience with a company in particular.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: On-Line Retailers for Ceramic Tile?

you should try wits end mosaic,, i have tried their tiny tiles,,the 3/8 inch size but they have 4x4 too,, this is web
http://www.ec-securehost.com/WitsEndMosaics/4x4_tile.html

o

Here's the link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Wit's End

o

Oh wow, I could spend lots and lots of money here. :-) Thanks so much for the link!

o

Hi, don't know if you are still looking for tiles but I offer them in my Etsy store in bright solid colors!

Here's the link

http://www.Kimscustomcaps.etsy.com

Also here is a link to a video clip showing how to use a fabulous pair of tile nippers to cut the center out f a dish, if you are interested!

Here is a link that might be useful: YouTube

o

I have ordered from this website a few times, as have friends. No problems ever. They have solid as well as the Talavera patterns. We get the broken ones for art camp - shipping costs more than the tiles!, but I've gotten their regular ones too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Talavera Tiles

o

Thanks for the link, Betty! I will definitely check them out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here