Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
An intro and lastest stained glass project

Posted by happyintexas (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 19, 10 at 12:16

Howdy All,

I've dropped in from time to time and finally decided to jump in and join the glass/mosiac party y'all are having.

Here's my latest stained glass project. My husband and I started doing stained glass a couple of years ago by taking a class. Since then we've invested in equipment so we can play with glass at home. I'm still in the small project stage, but about to branch out into larger pieces.

Here's my latest project. I needed a creative day before an invasion of houseguests, so a simple, happy activity was needed.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: An intro and lastest stained glass project

ADORABLE!!! Love it! Love the copper patina! And the cherry colors! I am using a orange whispy glass on the latest project I am doing, and one of my last projects had a bluebird/birdhouse theme! Sheesh, I don't know why I don't do some quick little projects like this up, so I can get a stained glass fix!heh heh!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bluebird GOG

o

Welcome! Where in Texas are you? I am west of Austin.

o

Well how darlin' is that. Welcome from Texarkana.

o

Cute!!!! welcome from Llano t

o

That is really sweet and clever! I always think of stained glass in a square "frame". I love the way you incorporated the bird in the wire.

o

I'm close to Dallas/Fort Worth. Thanks for all the nice comments and welcomes. Too bad we can't all meet for a cup of coffee and a day playing with glass together.

Dh and I are going to the stained glass shop tomorrow for a talk on using SG in windows. Can't wait.

o

Have FUN! And when I make it to Texas, I'll have to have do a tour, just to see everybody!!!heh heh!

o

Welcome from Kilgore TX

I like the yellow house.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here