Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Update

Calamity_J
14 years ago

Figured I'd post a few pcs...I keep meaning to hussle on this and...get sidetracked by something! I just about grouted the crown...I'm Itching to grout something!!!lol It will be grouted blue. This is just seat of my pants...as I go sort of Project...well, you who know me know this seems to be my signiture style!lol! I like that this...so far...is all scrounged JUNK!!! Well, except the mortar. How cool is that! A box of scrap glass that was being thrown out at the recycle, heck just everything!!! Which makes it all the way 'round to the theme again! I have reinforced the back of the chair with mortar/wiremesh, and it is getting quite solid! Love it!

Comments (22)

• texaswild
    14 years ago

OMGOODNESS, GIRLIE. That thing is HUGE - looks larger than my fountain. What are the measurments? I LOVE what you've done so far, especially the way you put the leaves and metal flowers together, and the crown - oh, my!!!. Does Richard know he has to kneel in front of it soon to get anything outta you?

• charmo
    14 years ago

Calamity, your chair will look splendid, well, it already does and it's not finished! I would have loved a chair like that when I got married 2 years ago because we had a Medieval theme, that would have been perfect!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh I'll take pics of that(DH)!lol! And I have some really cool red wire to make a scepter from!!! And some glass balls to go in it!!! Just like the one in PV!!! 8ft high, 5ft wide! it's actually kinda hard to take a decent pic of as it's so big, I have to stand outside the room the get a shot!lol! I'm really itchin to get the toilet shards sorted and see what I come up with...I'm kinda stuck on a flower theme..but who knows! I'm also thinking of getting Klinger's cement mixer here and use it like Flag uses hers, to clean up the tesserae toilet shards! May just use some 5gallon buckets with lids and pour soap and water in and just roll around the lawn.

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

CALAM: Way too cool!! How FUN!!! Just wondering how are you planning on moving it? It must weigh a ton already?

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Me thinks you better get that sucker outside while you still can. W/it fit through your door as is now?? GEESH - it IS larger than my fountain by a foot tall. W.O.W.

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

The cement mixer is quicker, about 1 cup sand all your shards, cover with water and turn on for about an hour. Dump out in a basket and rinse, turn out to drain and dry. You are ready to go.
    Is this throne for outside? Can you get it out the door without taking the house down?
    Just keep going to town girl...it is looking great. use lots of regal mirror...lol

• wackyweeder
    14 years ago

Holy Cow!!! Its awesome.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I suppose I better not leave ya all ...DANGLING.....

• kraftkrazy
    14 years ago

this is awesome,,,i am like everybody else,, how are you gonna get it outside once its done?

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

LOL over the TOP JANE! MAN OH MAN!!!!!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH - I want that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

LOVe the dangles!!!! LOVE IT ALL!!! But still haven't answered the ???? we're all wondering about..How U gonna get it outside???

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It'll still fit outside, I haven't attached the crown or "horns" yet!lol! Hubby says he is claiming it...King Richard!ha! Here is a pic of the crown grouted in blue, couldn't resist grouting something...it's been too long!!!lol!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

So. I am trying to figure out a basic design...and want to try somthing I haven't done before so was checking out stuff on the web, and came across this table and am wondering if this would take FOREVER or not...instead of all the same background witch is quicker...I do have a life...and a ton more projects...but this is kinda cool and the way I need to get more toilet shards all the time, they are heavy so I fill a 5gal bucket 1/2 full to get it home(that way it's like only carrying 1/2 a toilet!lol!..hmmmm pondering....Right now I only have about 1/3rd the toilet shards I need!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: tesserae theme?

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Someone tell me how I missed this!
    What a grand chair!
    That tessy design looks good to me.
    This is so incredible!

• daisyme
    14 years ago

WHAAA WHOOOO!

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

Yep, what Daisy says. WHOOOOWHOOOOOOOOO.

that is one fantastic chair and I love that table design. gorgeous

• bamasusanna
    14 years ago

Da-haaaannnnggg Jane!!!

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

OVER THE TOP! I love it and the crown is awesome. I posted the inspiration site in a new thread so you can see where Slow and I got so enthused. King Richard, I bet!

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Don't know where I've been, but missed the initial posting on this one. Anyway WOW. The blue you used to grout the crown turned out great. Can't wait for some more pix.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ya, that blue is awesome eh? I am going to use it on the stepping stone I made. So I have scrapped the idea of using that tesserae table look, and will be doing mirror diamond tuft look, like I used on the salmon mirror I made for my son. I am also making some totems to sell at the art sale at Klingers, and also am working on a very important pc for me. It will be a plaque on the back of the Humpty Dumpty brick wall...reason for on the back...the meaning is NA has my back and didn't want the plaque to take away from the Humpty scene...anyhoo, I am making a Plaque to commemorate my 20yrs clean in Narcotics Anonymous(Sept26/89)and am making a plaque with the Narcotics Anonymous Logo and the words above to say "Never Fall" as in me and Humpty ain't never gotta fall again!!! AMEN! I cry just writing this so that's how special this is to me!!! I used the same cobalt blue that the NA Basic Text is with white lettering, and used mirror to enhance the blue, the white will be a solid white glass. This mirror will be attached to cement board with the words above it. I am just so gratefull to be clean, everything I have in Life(life itself) is owed to NA, it is a God Given program of God's medicine for recovery from a disease from which there is no human cure.Amen! Anyhoo, the Throne...am still working on it amongst sidetracko stuff...still figuring out how to set it up and such, as it's 8ft tall and we have very windy weather here so I don't want all my hard work, tumbling apart...here's the WIP pics...

{{gwi:178783}}

• texasfern
    14 years ago

What a great outlook you have. That's why your art is so uplifting I am sure.
    Those green tiles are gorgeous!
    It's looking mighty good!

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts