Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flagtruck

finished and grouted

flagtruck
15 years ago

Here it is with Vanilla Cream grout. Kinda blah but I can live with it. I was going to do a terra cotta wash over it, but will have to see. Too many other ideas to spend any more time on this one other than insert the wire for hanging thru some holes I left open in the neck. (That shouldn't take more than an hour or two to hit the holes.lol)

Now onward and upward...moved the purple pot to grout it this am and knocked a piece off at the bottom edge, so had to mix thinset and readhere. Now waiting for it to dry so I did 3 more edgers while waiting and have to go to WalMart and get some groceries.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gourd done

Comments (12)

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Carol!!! Soo gorgeous! And all your other gourds..WoW!! You are a busy little bee!!! Hope that foot isn't bothering you too badly! Jane

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

I love it! I wouldn't change a thing! Frustrating about the purple pot, but I know from experience that thinset can be a miracle worker! My, you do have some projects lined up! But then what will you do next week? LOL!

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Next week I will think up some more while I do these...lol
    Jane - the toe is a bugger and black and blue. I am having trouble putting weight on it,I will perservere and bring one of te blue pots in and work on it inside.
    I imagine the purple pot is calling me again, I will go do it this afternoon. I am dying to start on the other big gourds, so might work on the blue and the gourds at the same time.lol

• katishooked
    15 years ago

It was hard to imagine the cream grout, but it turned out fabulous. Job well done. I need some of your busy bees lol. With the stash I just got I'd better move. Have 12 bowling b's lined up and ready to go.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Flag, I wouldn't change a thing, its fantastic. It reminds me of some work of art found from thousands of years ago by some ancient indian group precise, colorful, and what everyone would die to have .

Beautiful, you are really a dynamo even with that poor toe.

• nanatricia
    15 years ago

I would not chang it eather It looks great .I love it.

• theeggshelllady
    15 years ago

I really love this piece! And it is NOT blah. It's gorgeous.

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

Just AMAZED! This is a gallery piece of art! wow!!!!! I love this. It's in my file of inspiration. Your work is
    so inspiring. I love to watch you work!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Fantastic Carol,you're cranking out beautys fast as Slow,I may need to move up by you girls to get some juices flowing,I haven't done anything in ages...this gourd is wonderful !

• gcpommom
    15 years ago

This is perfect just the way it is, I really like the light grout. And I love your design and tiles! I could never make circles like those, they're really good, tight circles. I know you told us about keystoning, but adjusting the angles based on the size of the circle...that's where I get lost when I experiment with it. Great piece, simply beautiful!

• gretch1964
    15 years ago

Flag that came out awesome. That is so pretty. Love the colors of it.

• bettycbowen
    15 years ago

So beautiful. I sent the last photo of it you posted out to part of our school faculty. They loved it. I'll be sure they see the finished product!

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus