Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Show me your glass shop space!

Posted by Mags438 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 12:05

Hi all, I'm getting back into glass. Packed up my shop for a while and now I am interested in unpacking and putting everything into a dreary and ugly basement space.

Pls show me your space! Pics? Besides the overall space/layout, I'm also interested in how you've corralled all the glass, mosaics, stepping stones, fusing items, etc etc. Innovative and 'cost next to nothing' ideas certainly welcome! (The less I spend on the setup, the more I can spend on supplies)

Anxiously awaiting, TIA!

Mags

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Show me your glass shop space!

I did a blog post on my garden blog that is a tour of my workshop. Below is the link.

I don't think there's a square inch of my workshop that doesn't have a shelf or cubby for putting something. Of course, I've spilled a lot of the larger things out to the side where I keep bricks, stepping stones, and other items I plan to mosaic some day.

I keep my tile in Louis Rich Turkey containers. They are plastic (I live in earthquake country), they stack, and though they cost about $3.00 each, you get free turkey with every purchase, LOL

I am just now starting to do more mosaics with stained glass instead of tiles, and I confess that I've yet to figure out how to organize the larger pieces. I've currently got them in a couple boxes that I have to sift through. I'd be curious to see what others do with theirs. I've seen the larger wooden "cubbies" people make for stained glass, but I don't really have room for that.

Here is a link that might be useful: Loribees Garden Workshop Tour

o

WOW ! That's so neat and organized ! I'm planning on posting pictures of my craft room ,as soon as I can get in it !Yes--it's a mess . There's always a project going on there. I should call it my mixed media room , because I do alot more things than glass :)

o

Loribee - my eyes are so green looking at ur glass space! Yes, sadly I'll have to share my space with gardening equipment too. :-(. Thanks for sharing.

o

How do you store ur unfinished projects - or am I the only one who has unfinished projects? Lol

o

Thanks! I love having that space away from the house. My unfinished projects just sit around taking up valuable space, but that's what pushes me to finish them, haha.

I do have what I call "blanks". That's concrete mushrooms, flowers and bugs that I've made but have not mosaiced yet. Those can sit on an outside workbench I have because they are weather resistant. That stuff tends to pile up, heh.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here