Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Upside down floppy hat birdbath in progress

texaswild
13 years ago

Found a fabulous pedestal in a salvage place last week, which w/save me from building one for the birdbath in progress. Stay tuned.

Birdbath WIP

Comments (24)

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Lookin' Good, will it have a pump for water?, it looks like the water is to flow down? I am working on something too, will have to post....

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

CALAM: This is the under side. The bowl of the birdbath is the crown. That's why I said it's an upside down hat. Gonna start mosaicing today.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Holding water - let the mosaicing begin. This is going in my front garden - have to build a brick circle for it to sit on, flowerbed around it and a brick path from front door out to the patio swing. Of course, that leads to finally mosaicing the little swing patio path that I messed up a few years back. Building/mosaicing the birdbath is the easy part.
    Holding water

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

OH MAN!!! I LOVE it!! I totally love that stand for it, What a Score!!! I was driving along the street my DD lived on one day a few months ago, and saw the most amazing home/gardens...in the English Cottage style, and pulled over to admire the garden...and had to go over and talk to the sweet old guy as his roses could be smelled from across the street!!! He gave me a garden tour and I gushed about all his lovely plants and he called me a couple of days ago(I shamelessly told him that if he ever wanted to make sure his split plants got a good new home that I'd be a gal to call!lol!) Well I went over and the tour happened again, and he had a few frying pans out with some rocks in them for the birds to drink!!! And he had his daughters old bicycle all planted up with flowers...adorable! On his fence post he had a set of old croc shoes nailed on for placing some pruning shears!lol! Too cute! Between him and You, Slow, I wanna amp up the birdbath places in my yard!!!

• emtnest
    13 years ago

Good grief Slow you get the grandest finds...that is going to be spectacular!!!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Still needs lots of filler and underneath coverage. Please w/it so far.
    Mosaicing progress

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Looking good !

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, NANA: Just finished gluing, and the grouting nightmare starts tomorrow.
    Pre grout

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

OH I"D LOVE to grout that!!! The glass globs really add some punch to it! What Bling! Where in the yard is it going?

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

I am loving it!!!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, y'all. CALAM: I'm taking out part of my front garden to show up this little jewel, making a pad for it w/flowers around the base. A path is in the works too - getting advice from FLAG on the path.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Sounds Heavenly!!! I am reluctant to do such nice stuff out of dishes here, as the weather just ruins it...I could haul it all inside during the winter tho...hmmm. Or at least cover it! Pics when your done plz!!!

• fiddlekate
    13 years ago

Love what you're doing with this!!!

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

It is looking soooo beautiful!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Finished and in place. The path from front steps w/go on the right, leading to the swing patio path (to be mosaiced). CALAM - notice the bluebird you/KLINGER sent me. I'm in the process of gluing the butterfly you also sent, but my silicon is old and won't hold. Thanks again for that care pkg.
    Finished and in place and planted

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

That turned out so pretty!!!!! I bet it was a hard one to grout.I love it.

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

Its gorgeous! Cant wait to see the path! Hope all is well betty!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, you two. NAN: Actually it wasn't as hard as I expected - 1 1/2 hrs of grouting/cleaning.

• silvamae
    13 years ago

Brilliant! Oh my gosh, that is so creative and colorful; I love it! Can I steal the idea of the cup handles? What perfect little perches for the birds as they fly in to drink. You continue to outdo yourself!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, SILVA: I'm always pleased when someone wants to take an idea from something I've made. Who wouldn't be? We all get ideas from works of others. Aren't we a wonderful bunch?! Thanks for your compliment. The birds haven't discovered it yet. W/the heat we're having, I betcha I could poach an egg in the water at noon, so guess the birdies don't want a hot tub. They do, however, enjoy the front and back fountains - fun to watch.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

LOVELY!!! And such nice green grass! We are on a severe water restriction right now, are told not to water our grass, it sure is depressing as it just doesn't seem as nice without it! That base is sooo nice too!! Good job! Klinger is doing some awesome stepping stones towards her studio, using cardboard flats and smooshing leaves on the top! I hope she posts some pics! It has inspired me to think about stepping stones to my newest project.

• emtnest
    13 years ago

Oh my gosh that is just the cutest bath I've seen yet...Slow you never cease to amaze me...so clever you are girl!!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, y'all. I sorta love it too. My yard man dug out the path yesterday, incorporating the birdbath, and we'll lay in the sand, bricks and gravel this afternoon. I have mosaiced 26 bricks, five tiles and also have some broken bits of a former fountain to include - gonna be a patchwork path.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Can hardly wait to see the path....the birdbath is amazing. I'm trying to visualize mosaic bricks, I bet they are truely amazing too as well as everything you do!!!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County