Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
floridagirl_mosaic

Suwannee River Mosaic....just starting

floridagirl_mosaic
14 years ago

Good morning everyone! About 8 years ago I made a University of Florida Gator mosaic for my husband. That was my first and only mosaic. After a recent trip to North Florida I took a piture of an old bridge on the Suwannee River. Both of my inlaws love taking the boat up the river to look at that bridge...so i thought i would make a mosaic to give them as a gift. If i start now I should finish by christmas :) For the past few days I've gone out and bought ceramic/porcelin tiles from Home Depot and Lowes. I also purhcased a Brutus Tile Nipper...if someone knows of a better brand let me know. I still have the receipt to take it back!

The problem I'm having is what to apply it to. Should i use plywood or cement board? Do you think the weight from the tiles, board, grout, etc....will stay on the wall? If you were making a wall mosaic how would YOU do it? I'd like to get started today laying out the design...all you have to do is give me a little advise :) Here's a picture of the bridge. I will post pics along the way. If I'm brave enough i might even post a pic of the first mosaic :) thanks Jen

[IMG]http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss353/jpagliai/jenspalm084.jpg[/IMG]

Comments (4)

Sponsored